2

liked by njdevils, auriellavaux, and 1,720 othersesmemills  just a little devilish

esmemills  just a little devilish

auriellavaux 😍😍

willzitez that's my devil

njdevils can't wait 🏒

user56 she likes hockey?

"i want you to come to the game tonight." chris said. "private suit for just you, and some other members of the hospitality. i'm sure they'll want to meet you."

esmeray curled her hair as auriella and willow sat behind her. honestly, esmeray thought auriella and willow were more excited than her.

"you know mystery hockey boy, what if he's there?" willow asked.

"i doubt that'll even happen. he probably plays for a college nearby. he looks too young to play professionally." esmeray said. she grabbed her purse and looked at herself one last time in the mirror.

"well...if he is there will you at least let me know." auriella said.

"maybe." esmeray smiled. "see ya later girls."

esmeray left her apartment, taking the seven minute walk to the prudential center. chris had told her that when she got there, she had to go all the way upstairs after checking in.

when she did get to the prudential center, she checked in, went up the escalators, and found the room where she was supposed to be.

esmeray knocked on the big doors, waiting for someone to let her in. the doors opened and a man stood there looking her up and down.

"can i help you?" he asked.

"oh, uh, chris stockpole invited me for a game to meet some people. i think i have the wrong room.." esmeray sighed.

"nah, you came to the right room. come on in." the man joked. esmeray smiled and walked into the room, seeing a couple colleagues of chris'.

"what's your name?" the man who answered the door asked.

"esmeray miller." she replied.

"that's a very pretty name. im jt podell and head athletic trainer, thats michael coyne, hes the physical therapist, thats scott stanhibel, hes the assistant athletic trainer, and that's joe lorincz, who's the strengthening and conditions coach." jt said.

she nodded her head and said hello to everyone. esmeray was the only female in the room, and the only person she did know wasn't even there.

"what made you want to go out for job?" scott asked.

"my college professor actually suggested me for the job, but it would be really nice to get this experience while i'm still young, and being near sports would be even better." esmeray replied.

"while you're still young? how old are you?" joe asked.

"19, so don't get anything in your mind." chris said as he came into the room.

"in college?" michael asked.

"sophomore in college. i know, i'm young for a sophomore." esmeray chuckled.

"it'll be nice to have finally have a female working with us. it gets tiring just hanging around men all day." michael chuckled which made esmeray raise an eyebrow.

"what do you mean?" esmeray asked.

"way to keep a secret michael." chris groaned.

"what secret?" esmeray asked again.

"i was going to give you the job after the game, but since michael ruined it, i'm offering you the job." chris said. esmeray widen her eyes and smiled.

"really? you're going to give me the job?" esmeray was shocked. she thought she had a good shot, but she never thought she would get it right away.

"yeah, if you want it im willing to give it." chris smiled.

"of course! thank you so much!" esmeray hugged chris and the rest of the men in the room too.

"you're welcome, and im going to work with your professors about work times and all that." chris mentioned.

esmeray nodded her head and put her attention onto the ice. they were calling out the devils players, and esmeray payed very close attention, trying to remember all of their names.

"number eighty-six, jack hughes!" the announcer yelled, which made almost everyone in the stands scream. esmeray widened her eyes and reached for her phone.

bad girlies 💋

esme
yk how you were saying that the mysterious hockey boy might play tonight...

willz
yeah-

auri
OMG IS HE THERE

esme
yeah, i'll tell you everything when i get back

esmeray put her phone away and turned her attention back to the game. it was intense, but her fellow peers didn't think that. they were calm, but esmeray was on the edge of her seat.

at the end of the game, the devils had lost a hard fought battle, 2-3. esmeray said her goodbyes, giving chris her number so he could let her know what he was going to do with her schedule.

when esmeray got back to the apartment, her friends were sitting on the couch looking at her.

"tell us everything!"