4

"he was going to say something then he rudely got cut off by his friend, i'm assuming. i don't know what he was going to say, or what he was going to do-" esmeray went on and on as willow and auriella tried to keep up.

"wait. slow down cause you're going to have a panic attack." auriella placed her hands on esmeray's shoulders.

"it's fine. whatever he was gonna say, maybe he will say it today. they have a morning practice which you'll be at, then they have a home game, which you'll also be at." willow said.

"yeah. you're right." esmeray calmed down, but widen her eyes. "morning practice. im gonna be late."

esmeray grabbed her hockey bag and said goodbye to her friends. she got to the center right on time and made her way down to the hospitality part of the building.

"good morning esmeray." jt said as emseray came into the room.

"good morning. sorry im a bit late."

"it's alright, they haven't even gone on the ice yet. you can go watch if you want too, im sure they won't mind." jt told her.

esmeray breath got caught in her throat. last time she was near the ice, it didn't go so well.

"uhm, i'm, i'm fine just sitting in here. i have to get some work done for my class." esmeray replied. jt nodded his head and went back to typing on his computer.

esmeray pulled out her computer and pulled up her work that she would be missing for this morning practice.

the practice went by smoothly, and they guys only came in for smaller things that wouldn't take them out for a long time.

"i can take it from here esmeray. i'll see you tonight." jt let esmeray go, and she smiled, waving goodbye to the boys in the room.

"oh hey esmeray." jack said when she turned the corner.

"jack! hi." she said, startled.

"sorry about yesterday, my friend doesn't know when to be quiet." jack said. he started walking with esmeray towards the exit of the building.

"it's alright." esmeray chuckled. they got to the front of the building and esmeray put her hand on the handle.

"see you tonight?" she asked.

"hope you'll be watching." jack winked as she left. esmeray rolled her eyes playfully and said goodbye to jack, wishing him good luck tonight.

morning practice had gone better than esmeray expected, and soon enough she was back at the apartment while her friends were in class.

esmeray put her bag down on the floor in her room, then changed into pajamas for the time being.

she curled up on the couch with a warm cup of tea, and binged watch random tv shows while doing some of her school work.

"hello," auriella sung as she came into the apartment, "esmeray, you're here. good. tell me all about this morning."

"it was alright. i talked to hockey boy when practice was done. i told him good luck tonight, then i left." esmeray explained.

"nothing else?" auriella frowned.

"nope, but i do have to get ready for tonight's game." esmeray closed her computer and put her mug in the sink.

"im not doing your dishes!" auriella yelled out. esmeray laughed and looked through her closet for her devils shirt that she had been given from chris.

esmeray found it and threw it on her bed, looking for her black leggings.

after changing, she put on her old tennis shoes and went to the bathroom to pull her hair back.

"hey esme, how was practice?" willow asked as she come into the bathroom.

"good. what should i do with my hair?" esmeray asked.

"braids. we want mystery hockey boy to like you." willow smiled.

"funny. real funny." esmeray faked a smile and grabbed the comb to part her hair. she did braid her hair like willow had said though.

"how do i look?" esmeray asked willow.

"im gonna be a little kid and say 'a million bucks.'" willow laughed, which made esmeray laugh.

"alright, thank you. i gotta head out and get there early for tonight." esmeray left the bathroom and grabbed her bag from her backpack.

"see you guys later." esmeray announced before leaving the apartment.