♡ ʟᴇᴍᴏɴᴀᴅᴇ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ || ʟᴜᴋᴇ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Having finished setting up the glasses, cups, and pitcher, you quickly dash back inside Purgatory Hall to gather the last of the boxes which contain your supply of lemons. As you grab the small but heavy crates off the kitchen floor, Luke runs by and heads to the front door while holding a large banner in his hands.

"Luke, what do you have there?" you stop him midway in his tracks. "Is that something for the stall?"

The little angel turns to you and holds it up, displaying the banner in its full. "Isn't it great? Simeon helped me with it last night. It's going to be perfect for our lemonade stand, (MC)! I'm so excited!" he bounces on the tips of his toes.

Painted directly onto white cloth, large orange and yellow bubbly letters spell out the words 'FRESH LEMONADE'. Underneath it, a little slogan deems your lemonade as 'the best in the Devildom' and promotes the mini business of yours even further. Beside the title, Simeon even made the effort to sketch in a little drawing of a lemon sliced into two.

The idea of starting a lemonade stand all originated from Luke alone as he's been hoping to earn any sort of an income over the course of a week or two for a while, even if it was just some small pocket money.

A brand new mixer had been officially released not too long ago and it promised to perform functions that no other mixer could ever compete with. Luke had been keeping an eye out for it ever since its release, wanting to make better desserts with the help of a mixer of the newest model. With that on his wish list, it's no surprise that he's been intending to save up for it.

You read the banner from left to right, admiring all the little doodles here and there. "That's adorable! Wow, you guys really went all out on it," you compliment. "You know, as much as I'd love to stand and chat all day, this box of lemons isn't going to carry itself outside. Especially when it's this heavy," you feel it slipping from your fingers.

Luke immediately widens his eyes, "Oh! Sorry! D-Do you want me to help you carry it?"

"Nope, it's fine," you grunt with struggle, actions contradicting words. "I'll just get it out quickly before I drop it, scooch over please," you sneak your way around the angel, and pick your pace before the box can slip out your hands and drop onto the ground.

A crater in the dirt forms as the lemon box falls with a deep thud. You dust your hands off and flex your fingers after straining them for holding the citrus crate for too long. You turn back and find Luke speeding towards the stand that you two worked so hard on with its flag, ready to let it fly.

He hoists the banner up tall then ties it to the posts on opposite ends of the stall, making sure that it's able to be seen from far to advertise the lemonade stand. Once he finishes tightening the knot, Luke declares the stand open and ready for business.

You stare from where you're standing and proudly take in the sight of the small stall that you two have set up. "Look at it, it's so cute. Who wouldn't want to come over for some snacks or drinks? You're going to be rich in no time."

"I hope so, I really want that mixer," Luke rubs his hands. "After this is all over, I'm going to show Simeon how much we earned. He's going to be so proud," he places the tip jar out, ready make a ton of money.

"You're going to get the mixer," you remain optimistic. "I'm telling you, this idea of yours is great. Simeon's definitely going to be happy with this. You're even working hard for the money yourself, I'm proud of you already."

Your encouragement sends a smile to spread across his face as he's more than glad to hear a compliment coming from you. "Thanks. You're way too nice, (MC)," he accepts the flattery. "Ok, I'm going to make all the effort put into this lemonade stand worth it!" he clenches his fists, fuelled by sheer determination.