27. One Year

Street walked into his bedroom with a tray.

"Okay, my love, I've got waffles, green juice, and tea," Street said as he presented the tray of food to his wife.

"Thanks, amor, but I'm not feeling all that well," Chris replied.

"You have to eat a little something for you and the babies to stay strong," Street urged.

Chris repositioned herself to sit up in bed and took the green juice off the tray.

"I really do appreciate this. Sorry, I just feel exhausted. These babies are taking everything out of me," Chris admitted and started drinking the juice.

"I don't care how exhausted you are, you still look absolutely beautiful," Street assured and kissed her forehead.

Chris smiled. "See, I know you're lying, but I still appreciate it...happy anniversary, by the way," Chris said.

"Happy anniversary, Chris," Street replied and kissed her sweetly for a moment.

"We agreed. We're not doing anything, right? I'm too tired and too pregnant to want to do something special. Let's just stay home and be together. There won't be too many more nights like that once the babies are born, so we might as well enjoy it," Chris reminded him and reached to take his hand.

"I get it. Just the two of us. Nothing special. But if you change your mind, I would love to spoil you," Street replied and squeezed her hand.

"I promise you. I'm not changing my mind." Chris assured.

"Okay, then, let me help you get up, so we can go to work," Street offered. He took the glass from her hand, set it down, and helped her stand up.

Once standing, Chris looked at Street in the eyes and held his gaze for a moment.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you," Street replied.

—————-

Street walked into the locker room and greeted his teammates.

"Happy anniversary, Street!" Luca announced.

"Hold up...anniversary?" Tan asked.

"Street and Chris have been married for one year today!" Luca beamed.

"Has it really been a year?" Deacon inquired.

"Wow. It seems like yesterday you two crazy kids started dating. I can't believe you've been married for a whole year," Hondo recalled.

"I can't believe Chris has stayed married to you for a whole year," Tan joked.

Street gave Tan a disapproving look.

"Can we just recap here? You guys dated for what 8 months, were engaged for 3 DAYS, and now you're spending your first wedding anniversary VERY pregnant...you two move FAST," Deacon listed in disbelief.

"It's because they're meant for each other," Luca defended.

"I agree there's no timetable when it comes to love, but I'm with Deac, you two really are some crazy kids," Hondo agreed.

"We're happy. That's all that matters! Besides, why waste time when I've been in love with her since I met her?" Street insisted.

"So, what are you doing for the big anniversary?" Tan asked.

"We agreed no presents and nothing special. Just a chill night just the two of us," Street explained.

"Sounds about right," Luca replied.