17. Here Comes the Machine Guns

Chris was wearing a white pant suit with a plunging neckline and hurrying up the steps of city hall. She turned to see Street was a few steps behind her.

"Come on, amor. We're late!" Chris called to him.

Street stayed where he was and smiled up at her. His all black suit making him look extra handsome.

"What?" Chris asked.

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world," he beamed. Chris smiled back at him.

She reached out her hand anticipating his movements to come to her side.

He caught up to her on the steps and took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Ready?" Street asked.

"Let's roll!" Chris replied.

————-

Chris and Street arrived inside the building to find Nichelle, Hondo, Tan, Bonnie, Luca, Fowler, Cabrera, Deacon, Annie, and Buck huddled up in front of one of the court rooms. When the group saw the happy couple, they gave them a concerned look.

"What's going on? Where's Hicks?" Chris asked.

"He's stuck in traffic, but listen, Chris, I'm friends with one of the security guards here, and he told me that they've received a credible threat that one of the judges in the building is going to be executed today right here by a team of mercenaries," Hondo briefed them.

"So why don't we send the judge home and get them into protective custody?" Chris asked.

"She refuses to leave. Says she's faced credible threats before and it's not going to stop her from doing her job," Deacon explained.

"Alright, so let's get everyone evacuated, gear up, and protect the judge," Chris ordered.

"You heard the lady!" Luca said.

Hondo turned to the security guard and asked, "Can we get into your armory?"

"Also, can we get the guns that we brought in back?" Chris asked.

Everyone gave her a questioning look.

"What?" Chris asked the group.

"You brought a gun to your wedding?" Tan asked.

"We both did," Street replied not seeing why it was weird.

"You two are perfect for each other," Nichelle remarked.

"Annie, Bonnie, and Nichelle, you guys need to leave the building," Tan instructed.

"I'm not leaving you, Victor," Bonnie said.

"It's for your own safety as well as ours. We're gonna get everyone out of here," Buck interjected.

"Buck, you, Tan, and Fowler work on evacuating everyone from the building. The rest of us are gonna head to the armory and get whatever we can carry," Chris ordered.

Hondo gave Nichelle a quick kiss goodbye. Deacon hugged Annie before following Chris and Street.

————-

Hondo, Deacon, Cabrera, Chris, and Street followed the security guard to the armory.

Hondo distributed the guns to the group.

Another security guard met them there and handed Chris and Street their personal guns. Chris and Street tucked them into the waistband of their pants.

Chris grabbed a semi automatic rifle and slung it around her shoulder. Then she put a hand gun in her other hand.