Chapter 38: Brutal

Jack

It's April, y'all.

Which means 2 things: the last member of our group is turning 18 and finding her mate, hopefully. The planned strike on the pack that attacked us is finally happening.

Have you ever heard the phrase: revenge is a dish best served cold? Well, ours is practically frozen.

It takes a lot of planning into attacking a 300 people pack. And we're not just attacking, we're gonna decimate them.

They're going to learn what the term biting more than you can chew really means.

The first thing to take care of is the math. We simply cannot attack a 300 people pack with 70 warriors. No, we have to take advantage of our numbers. And they are large.

Mr. Burke has been recruiting men specifically for the attack, training and getting them into fighting shape.

We're hitting their land with over 500 werewolves. Yes, that much. Which is a large endeavor indeed. But not if you consider a 20.000 werewolf population.

To us it's a drop on the bucket. But since we don't have 500 warriors, preparation is needed. And Mr. Burke knows that.

Plus, the logistics of traveling with that many people to a different town over 40 miles from here are a nightmare.

Like I said, it took a lot of preparation. But now we're finally ready. They're not gonna know what hit them. Not until it's too late.

Which is kind of poetic since neither did my parents until they were literally banging on our door. I mean, breaching our door.

"Are you okay?" - Ty asked me in a concerned tone.

"I am, sort of. I just wish I could be there." - I told him in a saddened tone.

"Don't even. I will 50 shades you if you're not in my sight at the time they leave town." - He threatened, causing me to laugh out loud.

"I should never have made you see that film." - I joked, giggling.

"Well, now it's too late." - He smirked.

We're inside his room. It's Saturday. We spend a lot of time here as I share a room in my house with Tony and we wouldn't want to put him off. Ironically, Tony spends a lot of time here at Sarah's room for the same reason.

The strike is happening tomorrow at dawn, as Sunday is the best day to catch them off guard and reunited with their families.

They're scheduled to leave some time after midnight. Mr. Burke is gonna lead them and Beta Davis will stay as they can't travel together for the pack can't be left without a leader.

We get downstairs for dinner and it's special as Beta Davis and Delta Westbrook's families are here too.

"Thank you for joining my family for dinner, my friends. I know tomorrow is a crucial day for our pack's survival as we can't let an attack go unpunished. No, they have to learn you don't mess with our family." - Mr. Burke started, smiling at the guests.

"Here, here." - Beta Davis celebrated.

"Also, congratulations Elsa. You're glowing with beauty. May the Goddess bless you and your pup." - Mr. Burke told her, who smiled wide next to Jason.

"Thanks, Alpha. I can't believe how far along I am." - She said looking at her big belly in awe.

"How far along are you?" - I asked her, curiously.

"5 months. He's do in August." - She replied with a radiant smile.

"To the happy couple." - I raise a glass, which is accompanied by everyone. Elsa is drinking juice like us and the adults whine.