Chapter 4: It's Time

Tyler

It's bad. Really bad.

No, I don't mean the gut wrenching pain I'm feeling right now on my jaw and all over my body. This pain shall pass, but the look of disappointment on my dad... that's gonna be hard to overcome it.

Not only he didn't look at me the whole way from school to our home on Monday, even trough dinner later that evening. He started getting calls from concerned pack members. Mostly parents with kids at school who by now would've told them about what had happened.

In fact, by Tuesday morning my little fight was the talk of the town.

Dad got visited by Elders from the Council. They wanted to make sure they know what really happened and nothing got blown out of proportion. Of course, dad had to tell them the truth. He couldn't risk his reputation even if he wanted to - he didn't - with that many witnesses.

He tried to sell them on my argument that my sister got disrespected but to be honest, I'm not sure I believe it myself. As much as I hate to admit it, nothing he'd say would warrant an attack like that. It's a good thing we're both minors because if he was a mated adult, I'd be expelled from the pack automatically. And be glad if it's just an expulsion. You don't want to know the worst penalty for hurting someone's mate.

Needless to say, dad canceled our afternoon internship we had everyday after school. I mean, it started during the summer break but would continue during my senior year until I ascend.

Now, it's just another thing that I've lost. By Thursday night, the whole thing started dialing down finally. And my dad at least looked at me occasionally, even if it's to glare at me in disappointment.

"How is it looking, dad? Have the Elders reached a decision yet?" - Sarah asked him, during dinner. She knew I wanted to ask him but couldn't until dad starts talking to me again.

"It's looking terrible. How did you think attacking an orphan Stonehold would go? Jack's grandfather is working up the entire Council against Tyler. He's enraged. And with reason, who would be dumb enough to attack an Alpha's heir on the first day at school?" - He jabbed, glaring daggers at me.

"He didn't mean any harm. He just didn't like Jack's joke." - Sarah tried to defend me, which I appreciate. But...

"It's not a joke! He genuinely believe you are his mate." - I interjected, looking at my sister intensely. I was angry but not at her.

"I know he does, Ty. It's a figure of speech!" - She replied, sounding defeated. She let out a big breathy exhale.

"Whether or not he is, it's irrelevant. You should never have attacked him and it's final. You lost all the good will I have been gathering for you trough the past 7 years in a single stroke." - Dad chastised me, looking furious. Mom kissed his cheek to try to calm him down with her mate pheromones. It's a magical thing to witness every time.

"I know, dad. I do regret it, okay? But there's nothing I can do now. I apologized to Sarah." - I replied after a minute of silence.

"Sarah isn't the one who needs an apology." - Mom interjected, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"The Elder Council will give us an answer by the end of the week. And the worst of it all is that even if you were to not be Alpha, you could still be Beta like I was. But now once the Council announces it, we will lose any leverage we had." - Dad stated, making me look down in regret.

"I can ask him if you want, Ty. He wouldn't deny me..."

"I don't! But I appreciate your attempt, Sarah. I don't want you to concern yourself with this  thing between us. Regardless of you being his mate or not. If I lose, I lose. I don't wanna be Beta out of pity. I want to earn it like dad did." - I interrupted her, sounding as proud as my dignity would compel me.