Chapter 3: Just The Way You Are

Jack

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Jack

My body hurts.

There're bruises all over my body where that son of a bitch hit me. Yes, I'm a werewolf and therefore heal faster but it's not magic. It takes a while for the healing to work itself out completely. And it still aches like hell wherever he hit me.

It's only after I got home and took off my clothes to shower that I noticed all the bruising. Motherfucker. Funny enough, I've trained with warriors everyday for the last 5 or 6 years but still they were careful with me, not using their full force. I'm still a teenager after all. But that fucker came at me hard.

By his reaction, you'd think I raped his sister or something, Goddess forbids.

Let me make one thing clear: I have never been inappropriate with any girl in my life. Yes, I messed around before but I never struggled to get girls, fortunately. And I certainly never disrespected any of them whatsoever.

And even if I were to start now, I would never do it to Sarah. Forget about her being the Beta's daughter (Alpha), I actually like her. I have since we're kids. She's going to be my mate. There's no way in hell I would actually disrespect my own mate.

That's not how the bond works. Werewolves worship their mates, don't assault them. I only said what I did to be cute. I was trying to be courteous, romantic even. So the reaction from that shitbag is completely and utterly unwarranted. Fuck him!

My only consolation trough all this happening is that by now the entire town must have heard about him assaulting me, including the Elders. My granddad, the former Alpha, will have a field day with this. He's on the Elder Council, of course. And he'll push for my ascension with much more vigor.

When I got back from the bathroom, I entered our room wrapped in a towel and Tony gasped at the sight. Though he knew of the fight, he hadn't seen its effects on my body.

"Oh my Goddess! Does it hurt bad?" - He stared at my bruised naked torso in awe.

"It's better now, but yes. I only hope I left him just as bad as he did me." - I replied in a spiteful tone. Tony still stared at my bruises for a minute while I remove the towel to get dressed. I was already in underwear beneath it.

Later that evening, we're all gathered around the dinner table to eat. But there's only one topic on everybody's minds.

"Do you think the Elders already know about it?" - I asked uncle Gus before I took a bite of my steak.

"Of course! I called your grandfather as soon as we got home. He will make sure they hear about it. But by now with the kids at your school, the entire town must have heard it." - He replied with a grin he could not hide.

"I don't think that aggression was over Sarah. I think the root cause is something else." - Aunt Lidia chimed in.

"Yeah, mom. You should have seen the way he spoke to Jack when we entered the school. He was all over his face over not having presenting himself to the Alpha. It wasn't until Jack revealed who he was that Tyler backed away from us." - Tony replied, fear coloring his tone. His parents were wide eyed as they heard it.