Chapter 31: Enemy

Jack

What the fuck!

A cheater? Really? Fuck that! Way to feed into Tyler's deep seeded insecurities.

No, thanks. My mom would crawl out of the cemetery just so she could slap me into sense. Not even exaggerating... much.

The following day is Saturday, so no school. I took the day to spend with my mate as I always do. So did Tony with his own.

When Tony and I arrived together at the pack house, a remorseful Sarah welcomed us as she and her mate would have words about their mating. No one has taken this long to complete the bond in decades. Yes, I said decades.

Honestly, I don't know what's the hold up. Seriously. Poor Tony, if blue balls could kill...

I, on the other hand, am very pleased with my mate who still demands me to have a very active sex life, just as he said he would.

And since we have great chemistry together, I'm elated to oblige. In fact, from the time we arrived til dinner, we had already made love three times. It seems that now that he can't get pregnant, he wants it even more.

No complaints here. Plus, it's not like we can get it all the time. My schedule continues to be busy with the internship and warrior training. So, weekends are a blessing and an opportunity to sit back and relax.

Tony is also hard at Beta training. No surprise there. He's very pleased with the ascension and so is his dad. Ironically, when Tony ascends he'll be his dad's boss. Actually his boss's boss. But that doesn't bother uncle Gus in the slightest, on the contrary, he is very proud of his son's achievement.

"I forgot to ask before, but what have you been doing on your free period, Beta?" - I asked Tony, who was dining at the pack house with his mate as well.

"Oh, I have been going to the school library, doing research. Did you know your mate can go on heat even after completing the bond?" - He said and I gasped.

"What?" - Ty was gobsmacked from the shock. His face is horrified.

"Yeah, apparently when you're not pregnant, you go on heat from time to time to... get pregnant." - Tony said, making Tyler's face twitch in awe and horror.

"You're joking!" - Tyler shouted, exuding nervousness. Sarah and the rest of the family also look shocked.

"No. It also can trigger rut in the Alpha." - He replied in a matter of fact tone, making me gasp.

"Man, at this rate we're gonna keep the heat medicine factory afloat with just this extended family." - I joked, making Sarah scowl.

"So, did you guys hear anything if Sarah caused a drought?" - I asked after a while. Sarah blushed in embarrassment. Tony glared at me.

"No, she was medicated in time, fortunately." - Ty replied with a heavy sigh.

"Thank Goddess! If I get one more call from people concerned about my family, I'm gonna freak!" - Mr. Burke admitted, sounding very annoyed.

"I'm sorry, dad." - Sarah said, feeling ashamed as she glanced at her father.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's your body. Your life. Your choice." - Tony told her in a firm tone, making her parents smile at him. And so did she.

"I know I tease you a lot sister, but this should be your choice, no one else's. Not even wolf nature." - Tyler said, smiling softly at her.

"Thanks, Ty." - She replied, smiling at him.

"How is the decorations going, Mrs. Burke?" - I asked her, trying to change the subject for a lighter topic.

"Great, Jack. I'll have your house ready for you and Tyler after graduation. And for your baby too." - She replied with a smile as she looked at her radiant son.

The Orphan's Mate (Werewolf Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें