Sick Birthday

PETER POV:

I was having my 16th birthday today. Only I don't feel all that great. I agreed to have a party because people love parties and I barely have to be there. I don't like parties all that much. I would rather spend my birthday cuddling with my boyfriend as we watch a good movie and have a fun day visiting a garden or the pool. Something with just the two of us. I buttoned my shirt and put my tie on. I finished and looked in the mirror. God I feel nausea. I covered my mouth as I felt my lunch come up. I ran as fast as I could to the toilet and threw up. This is a fun birthday. I finished and flushed the toilet. I sat on the floor and heard a knock.

"One minute" I said.

"It's just me" said Loki.

I relaxed.

"Come in" I said.

Loki entered and closed the door.

"You feeling okay Peter" asked Loki.

He sat next to me and held me in his arms.

"No, I feel nausea and have a head ache" I said.

"Did you eat anything that might of upset you" asked Loki.

"I don't think so" I said.

Loki rubbed my arm. He picked me up and carried me to my bedroom. Loki sat me on the bed and grabbed my diabetes kit.

"Let's check your levels first" said Loki.

He sat on the bed and got the needle. I gave Loki my hand and he pricked my finger. He always counts to three when he does it. Loki scanned my blood and we waited. 290. That's high.

"I go get you some water but let's get you some insulin first" said Loki.

I took my shirt off and Loki put the stuff on the bed stand. I took the arc reactor out and opened it. The arc reactor works as a insulin pump. Loki grabbed a new insulin packet and I took the empty one out. I put the new one in and closed the arc reactor before putting it back in my chest.

"I'll start with one unit and we will check again in a few minutes" said Loki as he grabbed my cellphone.

I put my shirt on and Loki told the arc reactor to give me some insulin.

"Sorry you're missing the party" I said.

"Eh, it wasn't all that great anyway. Plus I'd rather be here with you on your birthday" said Loki as he wrapped his arm around me.

I leaned on Loki's chest.

"Still, I hate being sick like this on my birthday" I said.

I don't mind taking care of you Pete. And on the bright side you aren't dead" said Loki.

I snickered.

"True, for now though I think I'll just watch a movie. I might go down and say hi if I feel like it. But I really wanted to try some cake" I said.

"I'm sure they will save a slice for the birthday boy" said Loki.

I laid down and Loki kissed my forehead.

"I'll be right back with some water" said Loki.

"Okay" I said.

Loki left and went down stairs. I can hear a faint sound of the party going on downstairs. I never knew so many people would want to celebrate my birthday. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. I'll watch a movie till I feel better. Loki came back with smeared lip stop on his cheek.

"Karen won't leave me alone when I said I have a boyfriend and I'm gay" said Loki.

"Well I hope she got the message" I said.

"I'm sure her boyfriend is giving her a lecture about it" said Loki.

He laid on the bed next to me and we cuddled as I had a few sips of water.