The Truth

PETER POV:

Jace took us to the table. "Do you know what's going on" I whispered. "Nope, but it's probably nothing" said Loki. We sat down at the table and looked at the menu. "How have you been" asked Molly. "Good" I said. Molly isn't really my friend. She is friends with my roommate Landon. "So why did you invite us here" asked Loki. "You'll see" said Steph. "I'm going to use the bathroom quick" I said. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I washed my hands and looked in the mirror. My anxiety is acting up but I'll be okay. I took a deep breath and came back out. I sat next to Loki. "I ordered you the red wine and bacon cheese burger. Is that okay" asked Loki. "Ya, that works" I said. Our food came and we started eating. Zed brought Hardin in. He sat with us. "So, now that we are all here, Peter how has the paperwork for getting accepted been going" asked Zed. "Do we have to talk about this" asked Hardin. "I still haven't been accepted yet but I'm going to keep trying" I said.

I took a sip of the wine. "Gee, I wonder why you keep falling" said Steph. What? Loki and I were confused. Is that suppose to mean something? Did I do something to make Steph mad? "Shut up" said Hardin. "Don't you think this thing has gone too far" asked Molly. "Wait what are you talking about" asked Loki. "Tell them" said Jace. Hardin said nothing. "Here" said Molly. She grabbed her phone and showed us the video.

"I think it's best if we go" I said. Loki and I left. "They are so cute together. I think it's nice Loki is with a human" said Molly. "Too bad Peter won't be accepted" said Hardin. "What" asked Zed. "He's human, he doesn't belong here with us" said Hardin. "He's half zombie" said Landon. "So, he still isn't one of us. And my dad is the leader of the state so I get to have a say in who can and can't enter. So when Peter's paper's come up, I'll just, vote no. I'm not having some stupid human accepted into the zombie town. He can go back to where he belongs. The surface" said Hardin.

My heart stopped. The video ended and Molly put her phone away. "Hardin is the real reason you were never accepted" said Molly. "What is wrong with you" asked Loki angrily. They started yelling at each other. I felt like I couldn't breath. I ran outside. "PETER" Loki yelled. He ran after me. I made it outside and fell to my knees crying. Loki hugged me. "Peter it's okay. We can get threw this" said Loki. "No, I'm never going to be accepted" I said. "You will, if not here then we can go somewhere we will be accepted in. I'm not staying if they won't accept you" said Loki. I looked up into his eyes as it thundered. We had a short kiss. Hardin came outside. "We need to talk" he said. Loki and I stood up. "About what, that I should just go back to the human world? I'm in love with Loki. I can't just leave him" I said. "I know, but that was before" Hardin started. "Before what? Before they told us? And now what? You know you won't get your way so you're going to try to gaslight us" I said angrily. "I'm sorry" said Hardin.

"No, you don't get to be sorry. Not after that" said Loki. "You have no idea what it has been like for us. I, I actually thought that there might be a chance that the town didn't want me. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel" I asked angrily. "We shouldn't waste our voice Peter. Some people just don't have a soul" said Loki. He grabbed my hand and we left. Loki put his jacket on me and we walked home. We went back to my dorm and I mostly cried myself to sleep. The next day we found out Hardin was removed from the accepting table and could no longer vote for being bias. Loki and I decided to keep trying to get me accepted and focus on school work. When I got the results I was finally accepted as a true citizen of the zombie town.