Camp Fire

LOKI POV:

I sat with Peter on the hammock I set up by the bon fire. "This is fun, I'm glad to finally have some time outside the hospital" said Peter. "Me two. Are you feeling okay? You're getting enough air right" I asked. Peter chuckled. "Loki I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. There is plenty of oxygen down here and I have a oxygen box" said Peter. "I know, I'm just worried" I said. "Well if needed you could turn me into a zombie but for now let's have some snacks. Maybe it will take you mind off things" said Peter. "How do you like your Smores" I asked. "I know how to cook my own smore Loki" said Peter. "I know, it's just. You're still human. Not many zombies even knew that you are here. I know they won't eat you but I'm worried that some might turn you. Let's just say we have mixed reviews of having a human down here with us. Some think it's a way of mocking us and they are wondering if they should just turn you or not" I said. I looked at the ground.

"They are just confused with what to do with you" I said. "I understand. I would feel the same way. But Loki" said Peter putting his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him. "I will be right there with you. I won't leave your side if it makes you feel better. And if anyone gives us trouble then we can deal with it later. After all I am part zombie. You did bite me that night" said Peter. "Sorry" I said. Peter put his hand down. "It's okay, but my neck hurt for three days" said Peter. "Ya, I healed the bite mark but I forgot about the pain. I was in a hurry. But do you believe what you thought" I asked. "What" asked Peter. "I remember I could feel your thoughts. Do you believe you're a horrible person" I asked. Peter chuckled. "Loki, I was tired. I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't even open my eyes but no. I'm not perfect but I know I'm a good person" said Peter. I smiled. "Ya, but why didn't you open your eyes? I wanted you to see me" I said.

"I was going to tell my name and that everything will be okay" I said. "I don't know. I fell back asleep. Sometimes I wish I did open my eyes. Maybe it would of been less confusing" said Peter. "Ya, anyway uh, let's get some snacks. I asked the government for human food" I said. "Thanks Loki" said Peter. He gave me a peck on the cheek and we got the stuff. We decided to take a marshmallow to roast and leave the rest here. I just used the zombie stuff. We got a couple stares and people felt a little uncomfortable around Peter. Almost like he is contagious with a deadly virus. I got a few questions about why I hang out with Peter and how I know him, what is he doing here, and other questions. I mostly just explained how we are soulmates. Peter and I had a few Smores and grapes. I sat with Peter in our hammock as we ate. "Does this count as a date" asked Peter. "Well I hope so" I said. "Then I guess it's a date" said Peter. "Good, by the way I'm curious why only marshmallows to roast" I asked.

"Well what do zombies use" asked Peter. "Animal parts but also marshmallows. They can get sticky sometimes so we roll them in flower" I said. "Oh, I thought it was sugar" said Peter. "No, but I'm curious why humans only use marshmallows. Why not cow eyes" I asked. "I don't know. I'm interested to try that but I think most humans would find that disgusting" said Peter. "That's weird, humans waste good meat. Like the penis, feet, eyes, tongue, and all the good stuff" I said. Peter cringed. "Have you had a penis" asked Peter. "Ya, it taste good" I said. Peter laughed a little. "Ya well if you think that is weird wait till you hear about vegans. Most only eat plants because they choose to" said Peter. I was shocked. I never heard of such a thing. If they have allergies fine but why give up good meat? "Why, that's all the good stuff" I said. "They believe animals shouldn't be used as food. Vegans are interesting people. But I would like to try a cow eye smore if that's possible" said Peter. "Then I'll make the best smore possible" I said.

I gave Peter a kiss on his forehead and went to make the smore. I did receive a few questions so I told them how Peter never had a cow eye smore before. Which lead to a couple people have Peter try every zombie smore there was. It was kinda funny to watch. After the excitement calmed down Peter and I laid in the hammock. I snuggled with Peter as he started to get tired. Everyone else went back to the party. "Are you still awake Peter" I asked. "Ya" Peter mumbled. "Do you want to go back to the hospital" I asked. "No, not yet" Peter mumbled. "Okay, but only a couple more hours. We have till 2 in the morning" I said. Peter mumbled a okay. He is really tired. I have forgotten what it's like to sleep. I slowly rocked the hammock as Peter slept. He looks so cute and peaceful. When the party was over I carried Peter back to the hospital and put him in his bed. Peter was fast asleep. I held Peter in my arms till he woke up.