Rescue

PETER POV:

I sat on the roof looking at the wall. I had a umbrella for shade. Tallahassee, the capital of Florida has now taken part in the gone virus. From what I heard people were kicked out of their homes without warning but they got to take their stuff with. "Loki" I asked in my head. "Ya Peter" said Loki. "I miss you" I thought. "I miss you two. Florida keeps trying to test me for the gone. I hate it here" said Loki. "We're going to get you out of there Loki. Just hang on" I said. "I'll try" said Loki. "Hey, you okay up here" asked Sam. I looked back and saw Sam and Steve. I'm honestly a little jealous. They are soulmates and still together but Loki was taken from me. "Ya, I'm just thinking" I said. Sam and Steve each had a umbrella. They sat next to on the edge of the roof. "We know you miss Loki" said Steve. "Ya, I can't wait till we save him" I said.

"Me two. But why did you go after Red Skull like that? I know you hate him after everything but he wants to help us save Loki" said Sam. I signed. "I guess I can't hide it anymore" I said. I rolled up my sleeve and showed them the bite mark on my arm. The gone was starting to take over. "Why didn't you tell us sooner Peter" asked Steve. "It wouldn't of made a difference. There is no cure. Plus I guess being immune was only temporary" I said. I put my sleeve back down. "That's not possible Peter. It has to be something else. You were immune six months ago" said Sam. "Listen, I don't want to reach the gone but there is nothing we can do. Right now all that matters is saving Loki and the others. When I reach the gone I want to know that at least my soulmate is safe" I said. "How long have you had it" asked Steve. "Six months" I said. Sam put his hand on my shoulder. "I hate to see you go Peter, but we will take care of Loki when you reach the gone" said Sam. "Thanks" I said. That night we saved Loki. I kept reaching the gone and snapping out of it. My body feels like complete crap.

I ran up to Loki with the knife. He hugged me and kissed my lips. I stood there shocked. I slowly let go of the knife and it fell to the ground. I kissed back and closed my eyes. I felt my head clear and all the issues go away. Loki broke the kiss and we looked into each other's eyes. "Are you okay Peter" asked Loki as he put his hand on my cheek. "Ya, I don't understand. I thought there was no cure to the gone" I said. "You are the cure. It probably wasn't working because of the depression shut down" said Loki. "Maybe, I'm just glad to have you back" I said. We kissed again but I fell into Loki' arms. He caught me. "It's okay, it's just the cure taking over" said Loki. "I know. Just be there when I wake up please" I said. "I will" said Loki. We kissed again and I fainted. After Tallahassee was destroyed we left and went back home. Loki and I had lots of sex to make up for being apart during the six months. We rebuilt our zombie town and I agreed to cure the gones. Oklahoma's gones weren't happy that we trapped them there.