thirty seven

"Feels like years since I've had a day off

"Feels like years since I've had a day off." Spencer laughed, rolling over in the bed. "We should just stay here all day." She added, putting a hand on jays bare chest.

"How about we just take like furlough for a few weeks. Just stay here. Just us." Jay played into her wish, kissing her. "I wish." She rolled her eyes, running a hand through her hair.

Just then, her phone started ringing.

"You've got to be kidding me." She groaned, showing Jay her phone which had Kevins name on the call. "On our one day off." Jay rolled his eyes, sitting up.

"Kevin, it's my first day off in months. This better be good... oh my god... yeah, we'll be there in 20." Spencer hung up the phone, jumping out of the bed. "Jay we gotta go. Bank robbery and hostage situation. Armed offenders." Spencer told him, running to their closest to find something acceptable to wear.

"The job never stops." Jay sighed, climbed out of bed, walking up behind her. As she rummaged through their closet he put his hands around her waist, kissing her neck.

"Come on, get dressed." She mumbled, grabbing a shirt from her wardrobe.

--------

Spencer pulled up in her car, Jay arriving beside her on his motorcycle.

"What do we know?" Spencer asked, taking a vest from Adam. "They call themselves the face cards. Seven bank robberies in seven months. They've killed one person in each robbery. MO is a single gunshot wound. Each of the victims bled out."

"Wait, so serial killers with a 30- day cooling period and we're only hearing about this now?" Spencer scoffed, strapping her vest on. Jay raised an eyebrow at her and everyone looked to her weirdly. "What? I have friends in the FBI." She shrugged.

"HQ always characterised them as robbers first and killers second." Sergeant Voight told her. "Wait, wait. Why are we here? Why not call the FBI or CNA if these are serial killers." Jay crossed his arms.

"Crisis negotiations are overseas and FBI are flooded with this George Foyet case. But we have all the resources we need." Al replied. "They've gotta be scouting the banks in advance. Why haven't we been able to ID them off of surveillance footage?" Kevin asked as they walked toward the CPD setup. "They hacked the security feed and turned off cameras, both during the initial canvass and the robbery, until the masks are back on. And then we can watch." Voight replied as they stood behind Mouse's desk.

-------

"What went wrong? This is the first time they've been interrupted." Erin mentioned as they watched on the camera feed. "It's a big bank. It's possible they couldn't round everyone up before the alarm was triggered." Spencer suggested.