fifteen

-one week later, 7 months after Spencer moved back to Chicago-

They team got called out on a case. Roman and Burgess were chasing down a shooter when Kim found a dead kid in a fridge.

"This is a black neighbourhood. Always has been. We're gonna find out somebody moved that kid here." Spencer said to Jay who stood beside her with his arms crossed. "That call that was over the zone this morning- kid went missing from Rogers Park. I think this is him." Jay said this as he looked at her, sighing.

She took her jacket off, swinging it over her shoulder from the heat. "I told you this morning that it was gonna be too hot for a jacket." Jay laughed, taking her jacket and holding it for her. "Shut up." She laughed, rolling her eyes.

-----

"We owe this kid our best, what do we know?" Antonio took point on it, standing in front of the board. "All right, tender age white child found dead in a black neighbourhood. We're still waiting on the ME but responding EMT's indicate that, um.. kids neck was snapped. He was stabbed in the abdomen three times.." Ruzek started to explain, sitting on Erin's desk and Spencer shook her head.

Erin came back to the unit on the condition that she lives with Voight and takes weekly drug tests. She knew this not only because Erin was her friend but because even if Erin didn't tell her, Jay probably would've.

"And his wrists and ankles were bound with sailors knots, for what that's worth." Spencer shrugged as Jay walked into the unit with a file. "His name was Jeremy Dolan. He was reported missing 36 hours ago from Rogers Park. He was 8 years old. His parents are Richard and Rochelle. They're waiting at the morgue to ID the body."

Kev piped up from his desk as Jay sat down at his. "Rogers park- that's three miles north of that house."

Spencer turned to look at Kevin with input; "well, he was probably killed elsewhere, transported to the scene. We got no eyeball witnesses to the body being placed though."

"Do we know who owns the house?" Jay asked his girlfriend who nodded. "Yep, local real-estate investors. It's one of 150 properties that they're buying and fixed up in that area." Spencer answered, gesturing for Atwater to give Jay the file as he sipped his coffee.

"I'll see if there's anything there."

Hank nodded and stepped forward. "We start at Rogers Park. I want all in-service calls the last 48 hours. Where was he abducted? Somebody heard a scream or saw a car they didn't recognise."

"Boys family's on the way to the morgue. I want to be there when they ID him." Antonio told Hank as Erin left the room when her phone started ringing.