twenty nine

Erin, Antonio, Kevin and Hank walked up to Spencer and Jay who were looking at the dead female in the trunk of a car

"Victims hands and feet are tied with barbed wire." Jay said, shining his flashlight in. "Throats cut, fingernails are gone too." Spencer added.

"I'm guessing she fought against the assailant. He knew there'd be DNA so he yanked them off." Jay continued, flipping his flashlight off. "Cartel hit?" Voight frowned and Dawson shrugged. "Or Russians."

"Hey, can we talk?" Spencer asked as her and Jay walked toward their car. "Yeah sure, what's up?" She didn't answer until they were both in the car. "So uh.. Its our anniversary in three weeks." She mumbled, buckling her seatbelt.

"Yeah, I uh, I realised that the other day. But I've a question." Jay gingerly replied as Spencer started driving. "Shoot."

"Are we counting our anniversary as the night you showed up at my apartment? Or five months later at the hospital?" He laughed and she bit her lip. "Eh, let's go with the night that my unhinged self showed up at your apartment." She replied with a laugh. "What? You regret knocking on my door?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Not in the slightest."

-------

"Mellisa Wildes. Her husband was an Army Private- killed in a training exercise last year at Fort Bragg, along with three others when their chopper went down." Erin scribbled something on the board and then turned around to face the team.

"She had an associates from Roosevelt and worked as a paralegal for the law firm Sawyer & Sawyer. They do up to seven figure class action lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies or schools with asbestos." Spencer read from a file as she sat on the corner of jays desk, glancing to mouse who was sitting at her desk for some reason.

"Yo, except for a few parking tickets, Melissa has zero priors. She's a working, widowed mom, so the more I'm digging here, I can't see any reason why she'd be associated with cartels or any Russians." Jay informed everyone, leaning forward in his chair to read something off a page.

"She was bound with barbed wire which means the assailant either wanted something from her, or it was personal. So I wanna know where she was before we found her, who she was with... if she was seeing someone new. Hey, look who's here." Voight stopped when Sean Roman walked in. "Oh there he is." Jay said as he stood up.

"Last day huh?" Antonio asked as they all walked to him. "Yeah, clearing out my locker." He sadly sighed. Spencer did feel bad for him, all he wanted was to be a cop.