thirty

start of season four-

Spencer jolted up in a cold sweat in jays bed, accidentally waking him. "What happened? You okay?" He asked as he sat up. "Nothing. I'm fine."
She sighed, wiping her head. "Adelaide again?" He questioned and she didn't answer.

She picked up her phone and sighed when she saw a text from the Commander.

"I gotta go." She mumbled, climbing out of his bed in her underwear and picking her clothes up.

-------

She arrived at the silos, seeing Erin's car there too. "What this about?" Spencer asked Erin as they got out of their cars. "What do you think?" Lindsay sighed as they walked toward the commander.

"Commander." Erin and Spencer said simultaneously. "Detectives." She nodded.

"On the night that the intelligence unit was pursuing Justin Voight's killer, I was monitoring the teams radio transmissions and geographical locations. I had both of your cells and Sergeant Voight's phones triangulated the minute radio transmissions went dead. The three of you were both right here at the silos while the rest of the team was pinged clear across the city."

"That's right. We were here." Spencer admitted, crossing her arms. "This is a place sergeant Voight comes to gather his thoughts. He was reeling after you pulled him off the case, so when I couldn't get him on his cell or radio, I called Spencer and we came here." Erin answered her. "And did what?"

"Talked.. about his unimaginable grief over losing Justin. It was a cops son that was killed that night commander, I don't know if anyone briefed you on that." Erin sassed her. "Is this correct, Detective Grey?"

Spencer didn't say anything, she just nodded her head. "So you agree with what Voight did?"

"I don't know what you're referring to. You pulled us off the case. We complied." Spencer shrugged, keeping a serious face. If this went pear shaped, she'd always be able to go back to New York, but Chicago was home and she didn't want to leave.

"How much longer are you two going to cover for Voight, at the expense of your own careers and this entire departments reputation? Does that matter to either of you? Or have you both been fully absorbed into his world?" Both girls stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"Lindsay, I know your indebted to him. He pulled you off the streets when you were 15. But it's time for you to think for yourself. And grey, I know he gave you a chance at a new life after what happened in your narcotics unit. But you need to tel us what happened."