twenty six

Spencer walked into the café that Kim had arranged to meet her at

Spencer walked into the café that Kim had arranged to meet her at. "Hey." She smiled, sitting into the seat across from the patrolman. "Hey, I got you a coffee." Kim greeted, sliding a cup across the table. "Oh thanks. So, what's up?" Spencer asked as she took a mouthful of the coffee, the hot liquid running down her throat.

"So, I wanted to get your advice on something. But I.. like, I probably know what you're gonna say, which is what I need to hear about something that...sorry. I need to hear you say 'don't do it'" Kim explained, clearly flustered. "Okay I'm with you." Spencer nodded.

"Okay. Last night, I went out with Roman, just as friends, but by the end it kind of felt like more than that." Spencer slowly nodded her head, not having much of a reaction. "You don't seem surprised." Kim frowned and Spencer's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry you.. you wanted me.. sure. Oh my god!" Spencer changed her reaction and exclaimed. "I mean, nothing has happened at all, at all, but last night there was this moment.. you know what I mean?" Kim lowered her voice as she leaned toward Spencer.

"Yeah, I do." Spencer smiled. "But having been engaged to Ruzek, what you are saying is that I shouldn't not be opening the door, right?" Kim sighed.

"You want me to be the one to tell you not to date your partner? I.." Spencer frowned as she tried to wrap her head around why Kim thought she'd be able to give her that answer. "Oh! Yeah, no!" Kim exclaimed, finally realising what Spencer was getting at.

"You know why I forget? I forget sometimes that you and Jay are dating because you guys make it look so easy." Spencer raised a brow at Burgess's reaction. "Really?" She questioned, knowing her and jays relationship was far from easy.

The two fell silent as they listened to a call come in over Kim's walkie.

------

Spencer pulled up in her and Jays car, Kim pulling up behind her. "This guy is stabbed!" A woman exclaimed as she ran to Spencer. "Okay, slow down. Get out of the street." Spencer pulled the woman and the guy over to the path.

"Where did it happen? What did you see?" Spencer asked as burgess caught up with her. "Over there. This couple was arguing. She was in her underwear. She was high and she stabbed the guy and she ran. "

"Where did he go?" Spencer frowned. "He drove off. I don't know, north. And then some other guy ran after her to see if she was okay."

"Wait, what guy?" Kim asked and he pointed to a guy down the street. "Him."

"I lost her! She tried to stab me, I was just trying to help." The guy ran down toward the two and Spencer nodded. "Did you catch a plate, a type of car?" Kim asked them.