nineteen

Their faces both skeptically dropped

Their faces both skeptically dropped. She doesn't blame them, the reason they're even in the situation they're in is because of her ex-fiancé, Peter, who also happened to be her work partner.

"Guys he's a great guy, I promise. You'd love him. And besides, I actually know him." Both girls looked at each suspiciously before glancing back to Spencer. "He was with me the day I found out my mother died and he was there when Adelaide was shot."

"So 6 months?" Rachel smiled, taking her word for it and moving on. "You've only been there for like 8 months." Lana shrugged, although she thought 8 months was a long time without her best friend. "Yeah, we started hooking up around two months into my time there. We only recently came out as public though because only a few people knew." She nodded, drinking her beer.

"So what? You guys dated secretly for like 5 months?" Rachel was genuinely curious and Spencer nodded. "It was a thing with our Sarge that was stopping us from telling people, but we've resolved that now."

"Can we see a picture?" Lana got all jumpy and giddy in her seat and Spencer laughed. "Quickly, before Derek comes back." Rachel added. "Okay here's my Lock Screen, it's just a selfie of us." She turned her phone around and their faces filled with awe.

"And this... is a funny picture of him I took when I found him passed out at work in the break room." Spencer laughed as she showed them the picture. In the picture, Jay was asleep on the couch in the break room, with his arms extended over his head, causing his shirt to ride up. "Oh my god." Lana gasped, turning to Spencer. "Girl, he's like ripped. Look at those abs." Rachel laughed and Spencer rolled her eyes. "Those arms!" Lana exclaimed.

"Relax ladies, he's taken." Spencer joked, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"So.. what's he like in bed?" Rachel wanted details. Spencer didn't reply she just took another mouthful from her beer, smiling at how amusing they found this. The two of them gasped and looked at each other, excitedly squealing. "Okay shut up, derek is coming back." She nudged Rachel who got Lana to shut up.

"So Spencer, any hot guys?" Derek teased as he slid back into the booth beside Lana. "Nobody you'd know." Spencer  shrugged, taking a mouthful of her beer.

------

The next day Spencer walked into the bullpen, after Rachel buzzing her up, quickly replying to the text Jay had sent her. Something about voight pairing him with Erin and her not letting him drive either.

"Okay everyone, listen up!" Spencer announced, dumping her bag by her desk and walking to the board with a big picture of Peter Mason.