twenty two

"Greg Yates escaped custody last night in upstate New York after killing two state troopers, two ConElectric workers and a camper, and shooting sergeant Dodds

"Greg Yates escaped custody last night in upstate New York after killing two state troopers, two ConElectric workers and a camper, and shooting sergeant Dodds. Dodds, he'll make a full recovery, thank god." Spencer sighed as Antonio plastered a picture of Yates onto the board. She glanced to Erin who was looking rather uneasy.

"And Yates?" Ruzek leaned back on his chair, he himself looking quiet disheveled too. Spencer heard Burgess called off the engagement while she was on medical.

"Pennsylvania troopers found the pickup truck abandoned on a state road. State forensics lifted Yates prints, and a motorist IDed Yates as pretending to have car troublers then knocking him out to take his car." Jay answered as he pointed to the photo of the car.

"He repeated the pattern in Ohio and Indiana. The last vehicle brought him to the Illinois border. Crime lab confirms Yates prints but no leads after that." Spencer shrugged as she finished her coffee. "Yeah, except one. Erin. The reason Yates is here." Voight walked forward and tapped the note that was on the board that said; see you at home, Erin.

Erin shook her head as she finally stopped pacing. "No. He's just trying to get in our heads. We put out a BOLO investigative alert, and AMBER alerts on the vehicle. Troopers are watching every highway coming into Chicago."

"SVU is questioning Carl Rudnicks, the guy Yates escaped with who's back in custody. They're also questioning Peter Mason to see if while him and Yates were cellmates, he talked about his plan ag all." Antonio added and Spencer bit her lip, looking to the floor. With the mention of his name she could feel the last few unhealed bruises and cuts on her body burn like fire.

"Well until we hear something, I want us on every transient hotel, shelter, food bank in the city. Remember, this guy will kill or maim to get what he wants." Voight reminded the team and everyone nodded as they agreed. "Hey, flag the credit cards if the vehicle owners. See if there was a safe haven he used the last time he was here. Get on it." Voight finished and he walked back into his office.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jay asked, fixing his shirt as he walked over to Spencer's desk. "I'm fine. I already told you, I'm ready to be back at work." She nodded and he raised an eyebrow, looking her up and down suspiciously. "Jay, I'm fine." She sighed and he decided not to push her any further. "All right, I'm gonna run with the carjack victims, see if he grabbed any phones." "Okay." She nodded as he walked away.

------

"She never woke up?" Jay frowned as him, Spencer and Atwater spoke to Gloria at Chicago Med. They had just been at a house where Yates murdered four girls.

"She lost too much blood at the scene, I'm sorry Jay." She sighed, patting his arm. "Thanks, Ria." He smiled and she nodded. "How are you feeling Spencer? Anything I should be made aware of?" Gloria asked Spencer who shook her head. "I'm fine. Thanks for clearing me for work by the way."