two

"Adelaide no

"Adelaide no. Please. Stay with me." Spencer whimpered in her sleep, whining and turning.
Spencer shot up in her bed in a cold sweat. And by bed, that means a king mattress on the floor because her bed frame hadn't arrived yet.

Glancing over at the clock, she gasped for breath, wiping sweat off her head.

5:13am

Once she caught her breath and calmed down, she climbed up and sauntered into the bathroom, flicking on the light switch as she went in.

Well, trying to turn it on.

Instead the electricity just buzzed as the bulb was fried. "Great." She whined, leaning her arms on the sink, cupping cold water in her hands and splashing it on her face.

When she stood up and looked into the mirror in front of her, her heart slipped a beat and she let out a small scream when she saw a girl with a bullet in her neck standing behind her.

She closed her eyes and shook her head and by the time her eyes opened, the vision was gone.

I really need a new therapist. She thought to herself, walking out of the bathroom as she wiped a single tear from her eye.

Spender sat in her car, looking on her phone for the best and closest gyms in Chicago. She noticed a boxing gym pretty close by with high ratings.

She turned her key in the ignition and headed for the gym.

After setting up her membership, which for some reason she got 20% off of just because she's a cop, she walked into the main gym with her bag of work clothes over her shoulder.

-----

Just over an hour later of intense training, she finished a spar with some guy in the ring. "See you 'round man." She thanked the guy, bumping their gloves.

When she climbed out of the ring she received a slow clap from somebody. "Antonio." She laughed, spitting out her mouth guard, stepping down off the ring.

"You box?" He asked, walking toward her.

"Ex silver gloves in high school." She shrugged, using her teeth to open her gloves. "Impressive stuff there." He complimented her, earning a smile.

"My buddy owns the place. Flash him a badge and you got yourself a discount." He told her and she nodded. "I was wondering why I got it cheaper."

"Do you box?" She asked him as she packed her stuff into her bag. "Golden gloves." He boasted and she smirked.

"So tell me, NYPD?" He asked as she walked toward the locker room. "Yeah when I got back to chicago, I left for NY and went to an academy there. As soon as I graduated they stuck me in narcotics and that's where I've been chilling." She shrugged.