fourteen

Start of season 3-three weeks later-

Start of season 3
-three weeks later-

For the last three weeks Spencer and Jay had been on the rocks. They hadn't been at each other's apartments, and only talked in work. After the night Adelaide's parents spoke to Spencer, she'd been off. Jay knew something was up but she wouldn't tell him and long story short, they got into an argument.

Spencer sat at her kitchen counter, drinking a vodka shot. She'd called Voight and asked for a personal day, she had furlough built up anyway.

She did feel bad for Jay. Erin was in the outs saying she "quit" and Jay was taking it pretty hard. And now the fact that the girl he'd been seeing for nearly 5 months wasn't talking to him. But Spencer had gotten into the mindset that everyone she gets close to gets hurt. Little did she know, Erin was the same.

It was about 8am when she got the call. Her phone started ringing and she sighed, picking it up. "Al, what's up?"

"Hey, I know you're on furlough and you've seemed off lately. But I figured you'd wanna know. Jays been kidnapped." The sentence Al said made her stomach churn and her heart land on the floor. "What?" She gasped, standing up from her seat. "Drug meet gone wrong. We've received a ransom and a video of Jay." Olinsky continued and she frowned. "What kind of video?" "I'm not sure you want to-" "Al just tell me what's on the god damn tape. He's my partner." She yelled, grabbing her jacket and keys, along with some water and gum.

"He's being tortured."

"I'll be at the district in 10."
She ran out of her apartment and down the stairs, panic building.

------

"I'll do it." Spencer said, walking into the unit as she heard the guys fighting over who they're sending over to Jay.

"He's my partner." She said and Voight called her into his office. "I'm not stupid Grey." He scoffed, closing the office door. She frowned at him, crossing her arms. "I know you and Halstead aren't talking right now. Everyone heard the argument you had in the locker room two weeks ago. And I can smell the alcohol from here." Voight yelled at her and she bit her lip.

"So tell me. Are you here as a cop or to save your little boyfriend?" He demanded and she shook her head. "Does it matter? I'm here to get Jay back." She sighed.

"Listen kid. This unit lost Nadia, nobodies heard from Erin. They can't manage you leaving to. So after this, you and me and going to have a long talk about what's going on upstairs." He sighed, looking at her and she nodded. "I understand Sarge."

"Okay. Gear up."

-----

Spencer pulled up at the location, dropping the case on the floor. Another SUV pulled up and she hoped Jay was in it. The guy who got out of the car, using a wand to make sure she wasn't armed. Little did he know that she had a ceramic blade in her belt.