sixteen

Kissing each other, Spencer backed up against a wall in the locker room, wrapping her arms around jays neck

Kissing each other, Spencer backed up against a wall in the locker room, wrapping her arms around jays neck. "Jay." She mumbled as his hands went around her waist. "Mhm?" "We're at work- we can't." She protested, knowing she should pull away but she couldn't.

"You guys. If Voight was to walk in here-" the two split, pushing each other away, trying to play it off.

Spencer quickly tucked her shirt back into her jeans and fixed her hair as Jay ran his thumb over his bottom lip. "Adam, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Spencer scolded, throwing a towel that was on the bench at him.

"Hey just be glad it was me that interrupted this before it got any further, and not Voight." Adam laughed, raising his hands. "Man, If you say anything-" Jay started as he pointed at a Ruzek. "Yo, I get what it's like. I won't say nothing to nobody. Oh yeah, Voight wants you in his office Spence." Adam said, tapping the doorframe before leaving.

"What does Voight want?" Jay asked her, crossing his arms. "Guess I'll go find out. Wait a few minutes before walking out of here." Spencer shrugged, quickly kissing Jay before leaving and walking down the hallway and into the bullpen.

"You wanted to see me Sarge?" She asked, walking into his office. "Take a seat, shut the door" Spencer skeptically looked at him as she closed the door and sat down.

"Look, Sarge, if this is about my relationship with Halstead, I've already said that it doesn't-" "Adelaide Marin."

Spencer's hands curled into fists when he said that. "Excuse me?"

"You need to tell me what happened that night Spencer. Because I can't protect you or Jay if something from your service creeps back up." Voight demanded as he sat up. "It's classified."

"I called Major Buckley, he gave approval for you to tell me. So talk." Voight encouraged her and she frowned. "If you spoke to him why couldn't you just ask him?" Spencer crossed her arms, really not wanting to talk about it. "Because I need to hear it from you, how it's affecting you."

Spencer hesitated for a minute before finally starting. "Jay and Mouse were the only other two there when it went down. Mouse, Jay, Adelaide and I were on a rescue op, trying to get back one of our own. I shot a guy and his brother put a $100,000 bounty on me. Dead or alive, preferably dead. Later that night we were called out to a firefight, turns out it was staged. A guy tried to shoot me and Adelaide pushed me out of the way. The bullet landed in her head. She was my best friend and she died for me. I still see her in my sleep and everywhere I turn.." Spencer paused for a moment before continuing; "..Sarge, I did a lot of things I wish I could forget while overseas but this one haunts me the most."