twenty three

"Marijuana?" Jay questioned, taking his jacket off as he walked into the unit

"Marijuana?" Jay questioned, taking his jacket off as he walked into the unit. "It's medical marijuana and as you know, it's perfectly legal in Chicago as of six months ago." Mouse explained as he followed Jay to his desk.

Spencer frowned with confusion as she overheard bits and pieces of Jay and Mouses conversation. "All right, I'm not to sure, man." Jay shrugged, dropping his jacket on his chair.

"Look you're the one who said you wanted to move up in the world, get some scratch for a condo. Well it's a high-paid gig, the owners totally legit. She's an MBA from northwestern." Mouse tried to convince Jay of something. "I'll think about it, man."

Mouse tilted his head, accepting the answer for now. Jay sat on the end of Antonio desk beside Spencer, gently touching her back to say good morning in silence. She raised an eyebrow and he shook his head, saying he'd tell her about him and Mouses conversation later.

"Who's this? What do we got?" Jay asked as Antonio held up a photo. "Here's somebody you never thought would get mixed up in drugs. Adam Ames. 61 years old. He's got no record, not even an overdue library book. He's married with three adult children. He's a respected professor at CCU where he teaches social ethics, whatever that's about."

"We'll I'm guessing it's not about running ten kilos of H into Canada." Spencer joked, looking at Jay who was reading the file. She smiled slightly when she noticed he was wearing the black hoodie she bought him a few weeks ago. "Yeah this guy doesn't sound like he has financial problems. The guy lives in river forest." Jay shrugged as he looked up from the file.

"Professor could be getting played." Kevin pointed out. "Yeah, remember that guy that got killed bringing in bullets from Canada? Turns out his nephew put the load in the trunk. Remember that?"Adam asked and Erin nodded as she lingered beside Spencer. "We're not gonna charge Ames yet but just hold him. We'll see if we can scare out the big fish." Voight walked through the group .

"The way the trap was built, I got a good idea who did it." Al said from a distance where he leaned on a cabinet. "Good, lean in the trap guy." Voight walked away and into his office as he dumped his coat.

------

"We got smoke." Jay said as they rolled up
To Johnny Z's house. "Take the back." Spencer told Adam and Kevin who nodded, going round back with Burgess and Erin.

"5021 Kennedy, emergency. Roll fire to 4822 North Allen Avenue. We got heavy smoke coming out the front door." Spencer said over her radio as she signalled for Halstead to kick the door in.

The two burst into the house, coughing and feeling their eyes water as she entered the smoke. "It smells like burnt hair." Spencer coughed as she grabbed a doorway, catching her breath. "Chicago P.D.! Anyone home?" Jay yelled and his voice rasped a little.