Please Trust Me

"Well, I'll just be the bodyguard then," I announced, sitting by the bed and crossed my arms. It can't be that hard right?

It was that hard, I didn't even last thirty minutes and ended being tucked into Iruka's bed.

Escaping the tight hug from Iruka, I decided to take a little walk by myself despite Iruka banning me from going outside after knowing about the two incidents.

Ignoring the stares from the villagers with all of them having the same dark chocolaty orb but I paid no attention. They probably envy me or something.

"Hey Enkai!" A voice called from behind and I thought I would see the two of them since you would see them side to side.

"Shikadai? What are you doing around this time?" I asked curiously, seeing that the male was dripping with sweat.

"Oh me, I was just walking around, what about you?"

"The same," I replied, stretching my arms after being in an uncomfortable position for the night, "Do you want to walk with me?"

"Really? I don't want to destroy your silence-"

"No, it's okay, actually I wanted to talk to you about something," I reassured clearly, starting to walk again and Shikadai followed.

The walk continued, now with a companion with me and I was debating if I should tell Shikadai about the incidents. I had never felt like this before but I really needed to talk to someone my age.

"So... what did you want to talk to me about?" Shikadai eventually asked, side glancing over to me.

"It's a secret okay so that means you can't tell Boruto," I warned and Shikadai nodded without questioning.

"I... I got attacked yesterday-"

"You got attacked! By who!" Shikadai yelled angrily before I shushed him, getting glares for ruining people's peaceful morning.

Dragging Shikadai away to a peaceful area, I explained the situation and the more I talked, the more I felt like I wasn't holding two Sumo wrestler on my shoulders.

I felt relieved actually.

"So you're saying that you got attacked by a Leaf ninja? Does the Hokage know?"

"Lord Sixth reported the body yesterday night and hasn't been back since, honestly it's not a big of a deal-"

"It's not a big deal, you could have died!" Shikadai argued before going quiet.

"Is that why you told me to not tell Boruto?"

"Yes, he's too bad at keeping secrets and he would immediately go to the Hokage and ask why he didn't tell him sooner," I explained gently.

"Why would I go my dad for?" Boruto's voice spooked us both as we backed away to see the blonde boy with curious look.

Having Shikadai look at me, I shook my head. I couldn't tell Boruto, the situation was get worse than it already was if he got involved.

"Oh! I just remembered that I have to go get some milk for my Mom! Bye guys!"

With that, Shikadai ran off without letting me have a say in it. Shikadai was the smartest in the Academy so he must have thought of the possibilities and found none were bad.

"So what were you two talking about," Boruto asked again, standing beside me again.

"It's none of your business," I answered back, beginning to fix his collar but Boruto didn't let the matter go, grabbing my hand to stop my actions.

"Enkai, you have too many secrets,"

"And I'd like to keep it that way," I claimed, trying to remove my arms but they were stuck against Boruto's shoulder.

Boruto kept quiet, thinking of what to say next as his eyes diverted from me before coming back.

"Do you trust me?" Boruto finally said, looking straight into my eyes.

"I... I don't know, maybe? Does it matter?" I replied awkwardly, backing out of the eye contact.

"Enkai, can you please trust me?" Boruto begged clearly, my eyes widened at his pleading.

"What-"

"I know I look and act like an idiot to you but I really do care, you're hurting and I want to help,"

I'm hurting? Since when? Did he see one of my scars? Well this is a new side of the blond boy from Konoha....

𝐄𝐧𝐤𝐚𝐢'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 [𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐅]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें