Iruka's Life

Seeing Kakashi take the Leaf ninja out of the house, I moved my gaze back to Iruka, who looked exhausted already.

"Explain, the truth Enkai," Iruka simply said, his arms crossed across his chest as he looked for any lies.

"That was the truth, I was asleep and I woke up to a Leaf ninja in my bed then he exploded into acid," I explained again but Iruka sighed in disbelief.

"Iruka, just check my memory, all will cleared if you do," Asmodeus stated, sitting beside Iruka with a determined look.

Looking at both of us, Iruka finally gave in and searched into Asmodeus memory, his hand was placed on Asmodeus head for two minutes before he opened his eyes again.

"So... do you believe me now?" I asked curiously, irritated that he didn't believe me but I had Asmodeus for evidence-

Wait, where was Asmodeus? The blackish shape-shifter was not stably sitting on a chair but was slumped against the edge of the seat, not able to open his eyes again.

"Don't worry about Asmodeus, he's fine," Iruka reassured, making me look at his direction to see his worried face, "And yes, I do believe you,"

"What are you going to do now?" I questioned, scratching the top of Asmodeus head.

"Kakashi is probably over to the Hokage by now and has reported the situation already so all we can do is wait and you'll be sleeping in our room for now,"

"Why your room?" I complained lightly, getting a small pull on my ear as a response.

"You want to get kidnapped next or do you want to sleep peacefully," Iruka warned, taking Asmodeus upstairs to his room.

Leaving me alone was a bad decision, already having the mindset of leaving Konoha after now two incidents. It was obviously a sign from Sensei to come back.

"Enkai? Are you coming?" Iruka called out gently from upstairs, stopping myself from staring at the door anymore.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I said gently, switching the lights off before heading upstairs, making my decision. I've decided to stay, at the least for a while. Who knows if all of those incidents have to do with Sensei....

Being in the same bed as Iruka, it felt almost... familiar like, of course Iruka wasn't holding me like a baby because I'm not.

"Enkai?"

"Yes Iruka,"

"Can I call you my daughter?" Iruka asked and my breathing stopped for a second.

Do I want to be called that? Sensei calls me Melantha because he said he liked it, but to be called and be owned, made me feel... safe?

"I'm fine with that,"

Once again, the silence had filled the bedroom and light snoring was soon enough heard from the other side of the bed.

He really must have been tired that he instantly feel asleep, I thought, turning around to see Iruka's body being half covered up.

His frail and small body shivered lightly as the main window was wide open, it was more windy in the night these days. How does he still have the strength to be intimidating.

Covering Iruka's body, I was going to leave the room but something caught my attention. It looked like a journal and it said 'Iruka's property, Kakashi don't touch!' in the first page.

"So typical of you," I muttered, unconsciously sitting down and flicking to the next page.

'Dear Diary, some kidnappers tried to catch me but Kakashi saved me! He's so cool and handsome! But the kidnappers said I had some power called the Umino's Amulet, maybe they got the wrong person?'

"The date is 24 of October... This goes back to almost 15 years ago! I'm lucky that I haven't lost katana yet," I yelped in shook, staring back at Iruka with admiration.

Skipping some pages, I stopped one particular, 'Someone had made destruction in the Land of Water, someone really powerful, unfortunately I wasn't able to see it's face'

"An attack on the Land of the Water, Sensei always used to talk about that place," I muttered silently, finally closing the small book and locking the window.

Some security this is. Someone can just slip inside and kill us both but this time we don't have a dog bodyguard anymore.

"Well, I'll just be the bodyguard then," I announced, sitting by the bed and crossed my arms. It can't be that hard right?