62.

Persephone Pov
1 MONTH LATER

'Students, teachers, staff, parents, and families, we are gathered here today to celebrate your students on finishing high school. As many of you all know, my name is Mr.Briggs and I am the principal of this fine establishment. It is with my greatest pleasure to announce this years 2022 graduates.' Mr Briggs said.

I looked down at my lap and played with my hands, a little habit I picked up after the whole situation. A small smile tugs in my lips as I sit here today.

I can't believe we're all graduating, it seems like it was only yesterday when I first came into this hell hole.

I picked my head up and looked to my right to see Hades staring at me. I waved high and he nodded his head.

I looked around for Darrius and saw him smiling at us like a freaking idiot. He mouthed the words, "We did it bitches" and I just chuckled and shook my head.

I honestly can't believe it's been a month since my parents have been gone. It's a nice feeling knowing that I'm not back at that hell hole anymore.

But I'm not all the way free yet.

Flashback

After I shot the last shot everything was still and quiet . Nobody moved, nobody made a sound. I lowered the gun and looked at these vile people.

My parents both had gunshot wounds in their leg and Hades parents had gunshot wounds in their arms. I looked towards Hades and Darrius and let them know that I got this.

I walked up to them and bent to their level, but my lovely mother spat in my face. I chuckled and wiped it off.

I stood back up and kicked her head into the ground as she let a curling scream. I picked her up by her hair and punched her in the face repeatedly.

Once I was done with my assault on her, I threw her head back onto the ground. Her left eye was swollen shut, her nose was crooked, and some of her teeth were missing.

She looked a hot fucking mess. I went to my disgusting man of a father and hit him with the gun over and over. I then took his face and bashed it into the ground.

My mind was so hazy that I let my walls slip, I didn't realize how far I went until I felt Hade's hands wrap around me waist and pull me off of him. I turned around and hug Hades and cried silently.

Every memory came up and I wanted to let go of what I've been holding in for all those years. All those years that I got abused, molested, hurt, all of it.

Hades was whispering sweet nothings in my ear while I controlled my breathing. Ironic how I told Hades to never let them know how much they've hurt you, but I just did the exact same thing I warned him about.

Once I calmed down I turned to them and had a blank face.

'Right now I want nothing more to end your miserable vile fucking lives, but I won't do that' I said calmly.

Each of them looked at me like I had 2 heads growing out of me. I took my attention away from them and onto Hades and Darrius.

Even though they have no emotions on their face I can tell they are surprised as well. I brought my attention back to the donors.

'Killing you and ending your pathetic low rotting life would do me no good. It wouldn't bring satisfaction to my sadistic mind. So here's what going to happen, all of you guys are going to walk out of here and disappear from our lives', I said.

Everyone looked at me like I was speaking gibberish but I knew what I was doing. I'm going to play the long game, because I will enjoy every second when the game comes to an end.

You see, when we started our drug business I started making connections. Having those said connections can come in handy.

So yes I'm letting them go but I will always know where they are at, and if they ever so as think to sneak us, we'll let's just say I won't be as nice as I am now.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes back up and continued my speech to them.

'I don't ever want to see your face or feel your presence anymore, and if I do, trust me you'll be wishing me to have killed you the last time. Now get the fuck outta our lives.'

They stared at me with anger and I stared at them back with no emotion. The let out a frustrated but defeated sigh and got up slowly. They all struggled to walk out since they had injuries but honestly I really couldn't give a rats ass.

Once they were completely gone I dropped the shit that I had and my hand and I fell fo the ground and started to cry my eyes out.

I cried so hard because I've kept everything in for so long. I cried because now that it's somewhat over I can let go of this part of me. I cried because I finally stood up to them. I cried because I'm not scared of them anymore. I cried for everything that I have ever went through with them.

I don't know how long I was crying for and I honestly didn't care. Hades and Darrius are holding me while I cry because they know how much shit I went through. My boys are whispering sweet nothings to me and I can't help but cry some more.

I don't normally cry because I've learned that crying is for the weak but that was because my parents told me that. Crying is good for your soul. It helps you let yourself be vulnerable for some minutes.

My cries started to die down and I started to wipe my face. I look up to see my boys who also have been crying with me as well just silently.

I wipe my face and embrace them to let them cry and they do. Even though Darrius doesn't have a similar story like us, he still has a story.

We've done so much together in such little time. It's crazy how we were all strangers and now we're all very close with each other.

No matter how many time we fuss and fight, at the end of the day I will always come back to these two people, because they are my home.

Back to present:

I look back down at my hands and play with them with a soft smile on my face. Everything that happened happened for a reason.

'And now words from the students pick for the class of 2022 valedictorian, Persephone Miller'.