44.

Persephone Pov

'Over the course of this year I've been through a lot. I have had many downs for most of my life, but I've had a chance to experience ups. You never know what a persons point of view of the world is until you step into their shoes. Same thing as you never know what a person is going through unless you become them. With everything that had happened in my life I can say that I'm grateful to be where I'm at right now. My life experience hasn't been the best but it's your take on the world on how you want to live your life' I said.

'Many people think just because you come from a bad neighbourhood or anywhere that's not considered a "stable environment" that your most likely going to end up just like them. Junkies, crackheads, homeless, in jail, or better yet dead, but I don't see it as that. You have an opportunity to surround yourself with the people that have your best interest. I believe that no matter where you come from, whether it would be the "hood" or a toxic environment, you can always create a better future for yourself. Nobody should ever think that they have to fit the "stereotypes" that are created for each and everyone of us' I continued on.

I pause for dramatic effect and I look around to see everyone is engaging, even the teacher. I clear my throat and I continue with my speech.

'When we were first assigned this project I honestly didn't know what I was going to do, but since this is a development class I wanted to create a controversial topic. Just because you come from somewhere that's not up to "social standards" doesn't mean you'll end up like them. In life we all have choices that can lead us down a good and a bad path. It's all up to you to see which decisions you are willing to make, to go down the path you want. If you want to end up like every person in your environment go ahead nobody is stopping you, but just remember if your life goes to shit you always had the choice to make it better.'

Funny coming from a person who wants to run a mafia.

'My whole take on "however you grew up, that's how you'll end up" is complete bullshit. All my life I didn't grow up luxurious, I grew up with some rough tendencies, but that still didn't effect my choices in life. I see it as you have an opportunity to make something with your life, and you can do it with the right motivation.' I said

'Overall whatever you do in your life is up to you. Nobody is going to hold your hand and help you make decisions about yourself. When completing this project I developed that not everything in your life is bad. Yeah it may have started that way, but there is always going to be something good in your life. Whether it will happen today, tomorrow, in a couple weeks, months, or maybe even years. But to one thing I've developed is to never give up and always look at the end goal, because that is what's going to keep your stride till the very end' I concluded.

The whole class was silent, either it was a really bad speech or they just never heard me talk for this long.

After a minute or so the class interrupted with claps and cheers. I couldn't help but smile a little at that, it makes me feel... good?

I walked backed over to my seat and sat down.

'Wonderful job Persephone, I really loved how you took your own experience and created into something personal.' The teacher said.

I nodded my head and one student after the next one presented their project. They were good and it was a nice presentation that they did.

RING RING RING RING

'MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEW YEAR' the teacher screamed as we left.

That was my last class for today and I texted the boys to let them know that I practically aced my final.

Power Trio

Me: Boys I aced my development final this calls for a celebration!!

Hades💋: Congrats mio amore I can give you an early Christmas gift😏

Darrius🤓: Ewww I'm right here... anyways you wanna do the usual?

Me: Thanks love and yes D the usual I'll buy it this time

Hades💋: cool

Darrius🤓: k.

I walk out of the school and heads towards the store. The store from the school is about a five minute walk since it's so close.

I get to the store and when I open the door the bell rings and Javier, the store owner waves at me. I wave at him back and go to him.

'Pers how are you today I haven't seen you in a little while' Javier said.

I used to go to Javier whenever I lived with my creators. They would make me buy the groceries or sometimes their liquor so me and Javier had gotten close. He's practically a father I never had.

'In doing good busy with school and work but trying to balance it out. We just finished our finals and I aced my development one' I said.

We continued to talk to each other for a little while until it was time to go. He made me promised to visit him more often which I will.

A smile was plastered on my face as I left the store.

-
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LOVES hope you all enjoy and have the best holidays ever!

And I hope you got everything you wanted plus more💕

Anyways hope you are enjoying this book and don't feel scared to send me a message or make a comment!

Until next time my loves

Baci 💋