Chapter 48 - The Search For Our Friend

[Word count - 1,420]

Same evening...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

"Wait, what? Kasumi is missing?" I asked.

"Yeah, and it's my fault, too..." Arisa said as she began to sob.

She came over and hugged me tight. I hugged her back, but I still had no idea what was going on. Why would Kasumi just disappear out of the blue like that?

"But I don't understand... how did this happen?" I asked.

"Well, this is what happened..."
______________________________________

Flashback - A few hours earlier...

Location - Ichigaya Residence, Basement

Arisa's POV

Today, Poppin' Party was doing rehearsals at my place as usual. We were getting ready for our next live performance, where this time, Rimi will have the chance of being our MC. As we took our usual 15 minute break, I start to notice Kasumi being focused about something.

"Are you thinking about something, Kasumi?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was thinking about (Y/N)-kun." She replied.

"And not our next show? That's rare even for you." I said. Our conversation captured the others' attention as well.

"Why are you thinking him, Kasumi?" Saaya asked.

"Well, I began to notice that our friends have been asking him out on dates, then I realized you guys had your chance to date him." She said.

"That is true... He and I went to the movies to watch a horror film." Rimi said.

"He and I went to the beach, and I managed to capture a wonderful photo of us." Saaya said as she let out a happy sigh.

"I actually went on a date with him the other day with Tomoe and Eve." O-Tae said. "All of us went to this ramen restaurant that Tomoe suggested."

"Aww, you guys are so lucky." She whined before making eye contact with me.

"Arisa, you went on a date with him too, right? What was it like?" She asked.

"As if I can remember such a thing..." I said as my face turned red. "Besides, why are you even bringing this up in the first place?"

"I just wondering when he and I can go on a date together?" She replied.

"Don't worry, Kasumi. You're gonna get your chance soon enough." Saaya said, but then I said something that totally ruined everything.

"Or maybe he won't date you because of how you behave half of the time." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, the reason why he hasn't asked you out yet is because you make him uncomfortable with how much energy you have. If you dial it down a little bit, then maybe he'll acknowledge your existence."

At that moment, I realized what I said. I didn't know why I said that in the first place. I wish I could take it all back, but Kasumi's response left all of us speechless.