Chapter 38 - The Fleeting Date

[Word count - 2,367]

Start of August...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

Your POV

August is here, and unfortunately, it meant summer break has come to end. School started up again some time ago, and it honestly feels weird coming back. Some of the students actually approached me and asked what I did during my summer. I just told them that I was just focusing on my job. I didn't want to bring up the crazy events that happened, i.e everything revolving around my fake parents.

And like before summer, I have to go to school, and do my job at CiRCLE. At least that hasn't changed for me. I arrived at CiRCLE and I saw Marina waiting for me with a smile.

"Well, look who it is." She said, still smiling at me.

"Hi there, Marina-san." I said. "Forgive me if I am a little late."

"You? Late?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I couldn't get out of my school fast enough." I explained.

"Oh yeah, I forgot school started up again for you and the girls, huh?" She said.

"How does it feel to be sitting in a classroom for hours again?" She asked with a teasing expression.

"I guess it's okay, and to think I was starting to get used to not waking up early for school." I replied.

"Hehe, you reminded me of myself back in my school days." She said.

"Really?"

"Yes. I always thought it was a drag having to wake up early."

"But anyway, I think we're wasting enough time here. You should get changed, and I'll tell you what needs to get done."

"Right. I'll be quick." I said and went to go change.
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Studio Room

For today's work assignment, Marina had me go into one of the studio rooms to check if all of the equipment was in good condition. Thankfully, they are. The bands sure know how to make my life easier by taking care of the equipment. I wonder if they can make it even easier by not fighting over me half of the time. Oh well...

While working, I had the door open so I could hear Marina if she needs me. I heard some footsteps, then the sound of someone knocking on the studio door. I thought it was Marina, but I was wrong.

"Oh my, the Fleeting Prince of CiRCLE is hard at work, I see."

I turned around and there was the source: Kaoru from Hello, Happy World! showed up. She gave me a smile as she stared at me.

"Oh, good afternoon, Kaoru." I said.

"And a good afternoon to you, as well." She responded.

"Are you here by yourself, or is all of Hello, Happy World! going to be here?" I asked.

"Afraid not." She answered with her eyes closed and her arms crossed. "It is just me, and me alone."

"Oh, well then, may I ask what brings you here?" I asked.

"Oh, I am here to see the Fleeting Prince of CiRCLE, of course." She answered. Wait...

"Fleeting Prince of CiRCLE? Are you talking about me?" I asked.

"Indeed I am, and I am here to ask you an important question." She replied.

An important question? I have a feeling I should know what it is.