Chapter 16 - Dealing With Writing Lyircs

[Word count - 2,681]

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

Valentine's day is now done and over with. I'd say that it was the best Valentine's day I have ever experienced. I would think the next exciting day to look forward to is White day, but to be honest, I'm not really looking forward to that day. However, I was surprised by how much love and appreciation I got from Rinko during our Valentine's date. Of course, I had to break the news to her about me being in love with other girl bands, and she agreed to give me some time to sort out my feelings. I'm so happy that she was so understanding like Maya and Chisato, I guess.

But a few days after Valentine's day, some heartbreaking drama began to show its ugly head. It all began with me walking into Hazawa Coffee on my break from work. As I entered inside, I spotted Ran and the other members of Afterglow at one table. They seemed to be doing something, and didn't realize that someone walked in.

"Umm, hello?" I called out.

That's when Tsugumi noticed me. As always, she gave me a welcoming smile.

"Oh, it's (Y/N)-kun! Welcome!" She said.

Then everyone started to notice me, as well, and walked over to me. Well, everyone but Ran that is.

"(Y/N)-kun! Hiya!" A cheerful Himari said.

"Yo, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Tomoe said.

"It looks like Moca-chan's favorite person has arrived." Moca said as a smirk appeared on her face.

"Umm, yeah, nice to see you, too." I awkwardly replied. I don't know how to feel with Moca's behavior towards me.

Then I looked towards Ran, who had her face in a notebook, and writing.

"Hi Ran." I called out to her.

"Hey." She replied, still writing in her notebook.

"What's going on with her?" I whispered to the others.

"She's trying to write some lyrics for our next song." Himari said.

"But I am convinced that she might be having a bit of trouble..." Tsugumi said.

"Oh, I see."

I stared at Ran for a brief moment. It really did looked like she was having some issues writing a new Afterglow songs. I wish I could help her, but I have never written any lyrics before, so I would be useless here.

"Have you offered Ran your assistance?" I asked them.

"We did, but... Ran-chan said she doesn't need our help." Tsugumi said with a downcast expression. I can tell she really wanted to step in.

"Fufu, just leave this to Moca-chan." She said and walked over to her.

"Should we be relieved or concern?" I asked.

"It'll be fine. Moca knows Ran better than anyone." Himari said.

"Yeah. If anyone can help Ran-chan, it's her." Tsugumi added, feeling assured about this. I still have a bad feeling about this...
______________________________________

Ran's POV

Ugh, writing these lyrics is harder than I thought. I know I've done this before without any issues, but... I feel like nothing is coming to mind. I wonder what everyone was thinking, saying I can come up with the best Afterglow song? I might just pull my hair out and give up. However, I noticed Moca sitting across from me and she was poking me in the cheek, seeking my attention.