Chapter 42 - The Excellent Date

[Word count - 2,200]

A few days later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

Your POV

Today was a quiet day here at CiRCLE. None of the bands have shown up yet because of their summer classes, and Marina had me hold down the live house because she said she had to pick up some stuff. I guess you could say I was starting to become bored. After checking the time, I realize that everyone should be out of school, and would have either school clubs, student council, part-time jobs or band rehearsals.

For me, I was released from school early so I could go to work. It does make me feel a bit special since I am the only student who gets let out early. At the same time, it can be a bit boring. Fortunately, my boredom came to an end when someone walked into CiRCLE. It was Himari from Afterglow, and she was alone.

"Hello there, (Y/N)-kun." Himari said while showing off that cheerful smile of hers.

"Oh, hi there, Himari." I said and began to yawn a bit.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)-kun? Did you get any sleep last night?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did." I replied. "I'm just bored because Marina-san left to go take care of some stuff, and just expects me to hold down the fort for her."

"I think you'll manage just fine." She grinned.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, you have been working here for a while, haven't you?" She questioned. "With the experience you already gain, you should be fine with taking care of CiRCLE by yourself."

I guess hearing that from Himari is exactly what I needed. It made me smile from cheek to cheek, and I guess I never noticed how nice she was.

"Thanks, Himari." I smiled.

"Hehe, don't mention it." She smiled back.

"So anyway, Himari, what brings you here to CiRCLE?" I asked.

"Afterglow reserved a studio room this afternoon, but... I guess I showed up a bit early." She said.

"I see. Give me a moment..." I said whilst looking at the schedule.

"Ah, here we go. Afterglow is scheduled to use Studio B in an hour from now." I said.

"So I am early, huh? Oh well..."

"Yeah, I was going to ask about that. Where are the other members of Afterglow?" I asked.

"They had some stuff to take care of back at school." She answered. "They'll be here soon, though." 

"Oh, that's understandable. You're more than welcome to wait inside until they showed up." I smiled.

"Really? Thank you."
______________________________________

30 minutes later...

While Himari took a seat inside, I began putting myself to work. Marina did left me a list of things to do while she was away. While working, I couldn't help but notice that Himari was keeping her eyes on me. But every time I try to make eye contact with her, she would just look away, feeling embarrassed.

I was hoping to ask her about it, but my chance slipped away when the other members of Afterglow showed up.

"Excuse us." Ran said.

"Afterglow is here to make an appearance!" Moca said.

"Alright! Let's get started on rehearsals!" Tomoe said.