Chapter 40 - A Date Filled With Bread And Sunflowers

[Word count - 1,884]

Location - Shopping District

Your POV

I have finally reached a point where I am no longer being tied down by what my parents did. Thanks to Hello, Happy World!, Marina and the support of everyone, I can try to look forward to my future without thinking about them. By now, you might be wondering what happened after Hello, Happy World!'s performance, right? Well, here it is.

For the last few weeks, I was still staying at Nanami's house, but I was able to afford enough money to buy my old house. I convinced the landlord to let me keep it and they thought it was okay as long as I pay rent on time. And so, once everything was arranged, I moved back in and try to continue my normal routine.

I also thought about doing another solo performance for the girls. I haven't decided when I was going to do it, and speaking of, I still need to decide on who should be my girlfriend. I feel like time is running out on me. I better get my act together, and start deciding soon. Luckily for me, one of the girls I haven't gone on a date yet spotted me.

"Fufu, Moca-chan spies with her little eye a big strong man." I know exactly whose voice that is.

As I turned around, there she was. Moca from Afterglow, and from what I'm seeing, she has a bag of bread in her possession.

"Oh, hi there Moca." I said. "Wonderful day we're having, isn't it?" I asked.

"You said it, especially since I got all of this delicious bread to myself." She said as she stares at the bread and starts drooling. Classic Moca, am I right?

"Moca, did you get all of that bread from Yamabuki Bakery by any chance?" I asked.

"Fufu, why yes I did." She replied.

"Are you going to plan to eat all of it in one day?" I asked.

"You bet I am." She replied.

"Wow... I'm amazed you'll be able to do that." I said.

"I amaze everyone with my talents." Moca proudly said.

"But enough about little ol' me, what brings you here?" She asked.

"Oh, I just thought I would come over here and take a nice stroll through the shopping district." I said.

"Ah, taking advantage of the nice day I see." Moca said as a small grin appeared on her face.

"You know it, and I'm glad I found you right away, Moca." I said. "I did wanted to ask you something important."

Moca widened her eyes.

"You want to ask me something?" She asked.

"I do."

"What could the question be?"

"Well, I was wondering... if you wanted to go on a date with me this weekend?" I asked as my face turned red. I'm used to the girls asking me out, but sometimes, I need to be a man and do it myself.

"Ooo, a date with (Y/N)-kun, huh?" She said, thinking about it. "Works for me."

"So it's a yes then?" I asked.

"You bet, and you just leave everything to me." She said. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? 

"I guess I'm looking forward for what you have planned for us." I said.

"Fufu, and so is Moca-chan." She replied in third person.
______________________________________

That evening...