Chapter 12 - Building Up Confidence

[Word count - 1,974]

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Your POV

I walked into Hazawa Coffee on another bright and sunny day. Right away, I was greeted by Tsugumi, who had a wonderful smile on her face. Seeing her smile like that also makes me feel warm on the inside, and it gives me butterflies in my stomach, just like when I am with the other girls.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun, welcome!" She said.

"Hi Tsugumi, is it okay for me to hang out here for a while?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. Would you like to order something while you're here?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment. I didn't really planned on it, but I might as well grab the opportunity while I can.

"Sure. I'll take a chocolate cake, and a honey tea." I said.

"Alright, have a seat and I will give it to you in a minute." She said.

I nodded and sat down by the window, and stared out of it for a moment. Then Tsugumi walked over with the cake and tea.

"Here you go!" She said with a smile.

"Thanks, Tsugumi." I said and started to take a bite of the cake, and then a sip of the tea afterwards.

"How is it?" She asked.

"This is really good." I said to her.

"That's good." Tsugumi smiled.

While I was eating and enjoying myself, I couldn't help but notice that Tsugumi was staring at me.

"Is everything okay, Tsugumi?" I asked.

"Is it okay... if I joined you?" She nervously asked as her cheeks turned red.

"I don't mind, but don't you have to work?" I asked.

"It's a slow day today, so it's fine." She explained.

"Oh, well then... I don't mind." I said. I guess I might as well get to know Tsugumi while I'm doing this.

She pulled up a seat in front of me, and didn't waste anytime in asking me some questions.

"If you don't mind me asking, how does it feel to be working at a live house?" She asked.

"Oh, it's fun. I have a good time interacting with all of you, and getting a chance to hear your music." I said.

"Really? Are we causing trouble for you and Marina-san?" She asked.

"Oh, no, not at all. Feel free to come over to CiRCLE whenever you can." I said and grinned.

"Alright, I'll make sure to let Ran-chan and the others know about it." She said.

"Works for me."

There was a brief moment of silence between us, but then, Tsugumi asked me... an interesting question.

"Speaking of the band, do you think I can ask you something?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course. What's on your mind?" I asked.

Tsugumi gulped a little before speaking up.

"Do you think... I am a good keyboardist?" She asked.

"I think you are. Everytime Afterglow has come to CiRCLE to use the studio room, the sound of your keyboard always makes me feel warm on the inside. Relaxed, even." I said.