|𝟰𝟰| 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗲

I rub my eyes for so long that I'm sure I'm gonna be temporarily blind and sure enough, when I open them, I'm seeing colors until my vision comes into focus and I can see my bedroom bathed in the morning light

I lay on my back in me and Enzo's bed, staring up at the ceiling until I finally get the strength to pull myself up and rest my back up against the headboard.

I look next to me and Enzo's not there like he was when we both fell asleep, laughing after talking to each other for hours like we always did.

I scrunched my eyebrows and pursed my lips. I scratch my head and then pat it, feeling the birds nest up there. My hair is always all over the place when I wake up.

Where pray tell is this man?

My question is answered when the door to our bedroom bursts open and Enzo comes running through. My eyes widen and I shriek, grabbing a pillow to hide from the sneak attack but he's already flopping down on top of me, burying me under his weight.

"Dude! Not cool." I poke my head from behind the pillow and I meet his dark eyes filled with amusement as he tosses the pillow away and buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"You love it." He mumbles.

"What were you doing anyways?" I tilt my head, running my hands through his messy bed hair. He must of just woken up.

"Making sure your grandmas flight landed safely." He lifts his head up so our gazes meet.

I smile. "I was gonna do that, you know...thank you though, Tater Tot."

He grins, moving down to rest his head on my exposed belly. I guess my nightgown had ridden up in my sleep. In my defense, I am a very wild sleeper thank you very much.

Just then, the door creaks open and me and Enzo look over to see Star padding across the floor and over to us. He jumps up on to the bed and makes himself at home right above my belly. Which puts his little booty right in Enzo's face.

I snort when I see Enzo's displeased expression as he sits up and then I'm full on laughing when I see the pleased look on Stars.

"Not funny." He grumbles.

I run my hand over Stars dark fur and he purrs, his green eyes nearly closing. "It's kind of funny."

"Nuh uh." Enzo moved so he can lay next to me on the bed, looking up at the ceiling with his arms behind his head.

I watch him for a moment, having to look down since I was sitting up. I didn't realize there was a small smile on my face as my eyes traced all over his face. The curve of his lips and the sharpness of his jaw. His thick eyebrows and the dark lashes that fell on his cheeks as he closed his eyes.

Even though he was the most beautiful man ever, I couldn't help but say something I had been thinking for awhile.

"Baby, I think I want a froggie."