|𝟯𝟯| 𝗕𝗮𝗿

I hold Enzo's hand as we walk down the main street of a neighborhood

It's early morning and the sun shines over us brightly. I have to shield my eyes with one hand as I skip next to Enzo down the side walk.

We're currently knocking on doors asking if anyones seen a tall guy with dark hair and blue eyes and a big brown birth mark on the side of his face. We're trying to find Declan.

Enzo didn't want to do this because he thought it was no use and his brother was probably long gone by now because that's what he does. Disappears.

But every time Enzo says little stuff like that, I can see that he instantly regrets it, I can see in his eyes that he's sad about his brother leaving and everything that he found out about what really happened that night. And now I know it to.

I mean, how do you deal with that? What Declan went through as a child...no child- no one should have to go through that.

And then what Enzo's went through thinking his brother just left him that night with no explanation and just him and his thoughts that chased all these possibilities of what could have really happened.

Why his brother left him.

Then finding the truth and his brother leaving without them being able to talk.

I glance over at Enzo as we walk down the sidewalk. He's deep in thought, his jaw tightening as he looked around, his eyebrows furrowed.

He gripped my hand in his so tightly that my fingers were starting to hurt but I didn't say anything and just left him with his thoughts for awhile as we walked to the next house.

This next one was tall and painted a bright blue that glowed in the morning sun. I gripped Enzo's hand and pulled him towards the driveway of this next house.

There was a car in the driveway so I was 99% percent sure they were home. I say 99 and not 100 because there were a lot of houses we went to where there was a car in the driveway and no one answered when we knocked on the door.

Some of them I could see through the window when we were walking away.

I climbed the steps of the house with Enzo next to me. I took my left hand out of his for a split second so I could knock but he immediately swiped it back in his grip. Deja vu. I tell you, it's real peoples.

I glance behind me at him with my lips pursed to see him fidgeting as he stood only a few inches behind me. "Okay?" I raised my eyebrow at him, worried a little. He never acts so nervous.

His eyes snapped to mine after scanning the tall houses little porch filled with garden nomes (which kind of creeped me out) and a porch swing and one of those dream catchers.

He nodded. "Okay." He reassured me and I nodded, turning back around, still holding his hand, and knocking on the door that was painted a bright red with my right fist.