|𝟭𝟯| 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗽𝗶𝗱

Almost there

Almost there...almost there.

I try hiking my leg up but the fence is to high. I look down, the ground seems to get closer and closer until I realize im falling.

This is the end.

I am a goner.

I love you Gio, Chiara, Elyse, Karlos, Freddy B. Jones.

Farewell.

But then my bottom touches the ground hard. The pain from my buttocks making me wince. But that's not important.

I fall back so I'm looking up at the cloudy sky, the thundering more prominent and the rain making me scrunch my nose every time it goes in my eyes or up my nose.

I'm alive!

"Woohoo!" I pump my fist up to the skies.

But all I want to do is crumple up into a little ball, rocking back and forth as I cry because this night, no, this week, could literally not get any worse. 

But then I realize I just jinxed it and I'm probably going to get hit by a car as soon as I find a way to get over that fence.

I'm not gonna blame it on Enzo, or chocolate milk guy, but...gosh darn it I've fallen off my bike after almost being hit by a car, lost my bike to a strange man, cracked my phone screen, got left at a creepy old park in the rain while it's thundering, and just fell off a fence.

And now I'm sad again. Why'd he leave me here? Did I do something wrong? I mean, I don't think I did. But did I? No. Yes? No.

Ugh.

I had called Chiara as I was swinging on the swing. She picked up, her voice groggy because she had most likely been asleep. When I told her where I was she didn't ask any questions and I was grateful for it. She told me to text her where I was and she would come and get me.

Thank the gods for her.

I sit up and look down at my hands, examining my nails. Add getting a lot of freaking dirt in my nails to the list of things I'm not blaming on Enzo.

As I'm examining my nails I glance beside me and then back down but then my head shoots up when I realize what I just saw.

Why does he have to be so complicated.

I stand, wincing at the pain in my buttocks, and brush the dirt off my pants before limping along the fence where I can see that the fence stops a few feet away from where we climbed over it. How pray tell didn't I see this? And why did he climb over a freaking fence when there was a way over here? 

As I'm walking a squishing sound starts to fill the silence. I ignore it at first, also ignore the fact that I feel like I'm getting shorter the further I walk. When I feel something squishy touch my leg that's when I look down.