|𝟲| 𝗖𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹

I wake up to the smell of something burning and the smoke alarm going off

I wake up to the smell of something burning and the smoke alarm going off. I roll over on to my back and stare up at the ceiling, trying to figure out if I'm still dreaming.

There doesn't seem to be any singing monkeys and talking strawberries so I guess I'm not dreaming.

I pat the spot next to me and realize that Enzo isn't there. I turn my head and scan the room. "Holy moly!" I gasp, looking around.

It's bigger then my room and bathroom put together with the same marble floors as in the bathroom and a huge bookcase standing against the wall next to the floor to ceiling windows with a black fluffy carpet in front of it.

A black recliner sat infront of the bookcase with a book facing down on the armrest. The bed I'm on is huge with a soft black blanket and a bunch of gigantic pillows surrounding me.

Now this is easy living.

That whole thing with Enzo wasn't a dream which means...

I sit up quickly and get up off the bed. When I look down my shoes are off but there's no time to worry about that when my friends house is burning down.

I glance at the clock sitting on the night stand next to his bed. 7:14.

I rush over to the door and open it. I can hear the blaring of the smoke alarm and the air is foggy.

I squint my eyes and trail my hand along the wall as I make my way to the kitchen.

I make sure to feel around before taking a step, remembering how messy the floor was last night.

It's like I'm Kim Possible or something. I wish I was Carmen Sandiego even though she was a super spy that took down bad guys.

Where in the world is Carmen...Sandiegooooo.

Stay focused, Thea.

"Enzo?" I call out, squinting at the floor. What pray tell could he possibly be doing? 

I cover my nose with my hand, coughing when I inhale smoke. It's like a furnace threw up in here.

"Enzo are you okay..." I trail off when I finally make it to the kitchen.

I rush over to him when I see him on the floor, far away from the stove with his head in his hands, his legs pulled up to his chest as he rocks back and forth, muttering something under his breath.

I sit in front of him so he's between my legs and I touch his arms. "Enzo what's wrong?"

He doesn't answer.

I begin rubbing his arm as I lean closer to hear what he's saying. "Fire...have to get out...can't let it get me..." he mutters, shaking his head and holding his hair with a deathly grip.

I look behind me at the stove and stand up, rushing over to it to turn it off and then jumping to try and turn the smoke alarm off but it's to high.

I look around for a stool or something but there's nothing in sight and Enzo's words start to get louder and faster and I start to panic. I jump to help me climb onto the counter.