|𝟭𝟮| 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱

I held on tightly to Enzo's waist as his motorcycle zoomed through traffic

I held on tightly to Enzo's waist as his motorcycle zoomed through traffic. He was going so fast that the hair that wasn't trapped in the helmet was blowing out behind me. All the cars we passed became colorful blurs and Enzo didn't have a problem going in between cars and passing red lights.

Ima have to give him a good talking to once we got to wherever we were going but right now my eyes were squeezed shut and I was praying to the gods we wouldn't crash.

The rain was coming down so hard now and I was starting to get worried that we would crash or something. But I didn't want to tap his shoulder to signal for him to slow down, scared he'd get distracted from the road.

Enzo made a sharp turn and we tilted slightly to the side. I wanted to loosen my grip on his waist because I felt like I was squeezing him to hard. I didn't want to hurt him by all means but this is technically his fault. We could have walked or taken Chiara's car or something but no, we had to take his dangerous motorcycle.

The motorcycle started to slow down but I still didn't open my eyes because we were still moving. He made another turn and then slowed down even more until the bike came to a stop.

My eyes were open and I was off that bike before he had even kicked up the stand. I quickly took the helmet off and bent over to rest my hands on my knees, taking sharp intakes of breath.

"Dramatic ass," I peaked up at Enzo who had already gotten off the bike and was now walking down the sidewalk, grinning at me over his shoulder.

I set the helmet down on the motorcycle seat and practically ran to catch up with him. "No...need...to curse," I was breathing so heavy that it was hard to get my words out and I was walking so fast that I kept stepping on Enzo's heels. I had to keep apologizing every time he turned around to glare at me.

"Yeah, Yeah," he waved me off and I had to refrain from smacking him right in his head.

I took the time to actually look around. It was dark and the moon was high above us. Tall trees stood behind the sidewalk and on the grass, casting big long shadows on the road beside us. It was chilly so I had to keep rubbing my arms to keep warm and there were barely any cars passing us. The rain was starting to slow and it was getting easier to see.

"Where are we" I asked, smiling at the guy who eyed me as he sat against the traffic pole. I started walking over to him so I could give him the crumpled dollar in my pocket but Enzo must have seen him to because he steered me away from the man by wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to him then he grabbed my hand when I was finally beside him.

"Just...a little further..." he said lowly. He was walking so fast that I was basically jogging behind him.

I frowned and looked behind me at the guy wearing tattered clothes with dirt covering every inch of his skin, a black beany on his head, his stringy matted hair peaking through it. He watched me, his eyes big and round. They were watery to and he looked exhausted.