|𝟮𝟴| 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

I have never frozen like a statue

Ever.

Okay. Maybe that's a lie considering I almost got hit by a car that one time. Ah...good times.

But that's not the point. I've also never seen Enzo be so angry and so calm at the same time. Is that a thing? To have a neutral, nonchalant expression and still have anger radiating off of them in waves?

Well, if that's not a thing, then Enzo just made it a thing because as he forces Declan up against the wall, his arm digging into the skin of his neck, nearly choking him, his feet almost leaving the ground, all I can do is watch with wide eyes and a hand over my mouth.

Why is he hurting the nice man who helped me out of the street when I almost got hit by a car? Who dropped me off back at my house. Although he did take my bike with him. Now that I think about it, how did Enzo get it back?

That's not important.

"Enzo!?" I yell, his name coming out as a question and out of surprise.

"Why are you still here?" Enzo ignores me. His voice is calm and his expression neutral.

Declan is trying to pry Enzo's arm, which is still digging into the skin of his neck, away from him but it is no use. While Declan is turning a concerning shade of red, so red that his birthmark is beginning to blend in with his skin, Enzo's face is blank.

"I- I-" Declan tries to speak but he can't.

"Enzo! Please stop. Your hurting him. And I'm pretty sure the hospital is an hour away and I can't take him on my bike because he'd be to heavy and lord knows I don't need another almost car crash!" I blurt out, panic filling my voice.

I take a step forward and gently touch his arm but he doesn't stop choking the life out of this kinda sorta of stranger.

Enzo doesn't take his eyes away from Declan as he says, in a voice so calm that it scares me; "He didn't think twice about hurting me all those years ago. So why should I care?"

What? What pray tell is he talking about? Does he know Declan? I mean, probably since they are neighbors. But I have a feeling they know each other some other way.

It really pains me to be as much of a dumb-butt as I am.

"You want him to talk, right!? So stop frickin choking him and let him speak!" I yell, my eyebrows drawn together.

I have no idea what's going on but he's scaring me and I think he sees that he's scaring me when he turns his head to look at me as I stand behind him as he chokes Declan up against the wall, his face redder then a tomato. His eyes search mine for a second before he turns back to Declan, let's out a shaky breath, and releases him from the grip his arm had on his neck.

I release a breath, putting my hand over my heart. Declan collapses to the ground, breathing heavily, his face starting to regain its color.

I start to walk towards him but stop when I see the glare Declan gives me.