|𝟯𝟳| 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻

"Bro you are so stupid

"Bro you are so stupid." Karlos says out of no where.

I frown, looking up from the machine I was trying to figure out how to use. He stands next to me with his hands on his hips and not an ounce of sweat anywhere on him.

"Why do I have to be stupid? Why can you be stupid?"

Karlos seemed to think about it "because I don't want to be stupid."

"Well I don't want to be stupid either." I crossed my arms, still frowning.

Karlos pursed his lips. "Why can't we both be stupid?"

I reached over to him and slapped him on the back of his head. He winced and rubbed the spot I hit him. "Why'd you just do that you fucking shit."

I shrugged. "Because I just told you I don't want to be stupid. Fucking dumbass"

Karlos glares at me, pushing me out of the way. "I'll show you how it's done." He says, about to 'show' me how to work this machine.

But when he's about to sit on it, I bring my foot up and push him so he falls on top of the machine. I laugh. "Look who's fucking stupid now."

Karlos catches himself before he falls on the workout machine then he stands up, brushing his hands over his chest as if to play it off. He looks around the gym and a guy who was using a machine next to use stares at him with raised eyebrows.

Karlos raises his hand in a wave but when the guy doesn't wave back he runs his hand over the back of his neck. "I'm not stupid. I know how to work this machine." He says to the guy.

The guy nods and goes back to what he was doing.

Karlos turns his attention back to me and glares. "Not funny, dude."

"I'm not laughing...anymore." I add, trying hard not to smile.

Karlos rolls his eyes but he looks like he wants to laugh. Maybe I should kick him in his back again to lighten the mood.

"Okay. How about you start lifting those weights while I try to figure out what the heck this thing does." Karlos suggests, raising his eyebrow at me.

I shrug, walking over to the bench press. Before I sit down, I take a look outside of the floor to ceiling windows that start at one side of the gym and ends at the other. You have a perfect view of the park lot as the snow falls from the sky and covers all of our cars.

It's a very beautiful sight especially while your working out. It reminds me of Althea. How beautiful the snow it. How beautiful she is.

I wonder what she's doing. She better not have started that movie she wanted to watch with me when I got back.

I sit down on the bench press and lay back, I wrap my hands around the metal pole, taking a deep breath in before beginning to lift.

My mind starts to wonder. I have this feeling. This feeling like something isn't right. Like something is wrong. I have no idea what it is.