|𝟭𝟵| 𝗗𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀

"Althea?" My attention was taken away from Enzo and towards the dirt road where my friends  were walking towards us

"Althea?" My attention was taken away from Enzo and towards the dirt road where my friends were walking towards us.

I gasped and fell right on to my buttocks. I didn't dare look at Enzo. That was so embarrassing.

Elyse was on Karlos's back, probably because it was hotter than butter on a stack of wheat cakes and she couldn't be bothered to walk with her own two legs again. Gio and Chiara were in front of them, arguing over something.

My eyes went behind them at the people fileing out of the woods from the funeral and towards there cars.

Most people were talking to each other but walking slowly because of how hot it is today.

Some of the men had taken there ties off and unbuttoned the tops of their shirts and some of the women had taken off their heels.

I shielded my eyes with my hand and searched the crowd for Mr. Peters. No luck. I turned my attention back to Enzo and looked up at him and saw that he was looking out into the crowd as well only his expression was rock hard.

I hope Mr. Peters took another way out. I don't know what Enzo would do if he saw him again.

All I could think about were his lips. The feeling my heehaw got down yonder. I was beyond bumfuzzled on why he wanted to kiss me! Me of all people. But I wasn't complaining because his lips tasted like something sweet and I love sweet things. I may be off my kadoova but he sure wasn't off his with the way he kissed me so passionately and gently. Gosh darn it, I wanted to kiss him again.

I reached out my arms. "Pull me up," I said.

Enzo raised one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows. Seemed to think about it. Then shook his head.

Butt head.

I narrowed my eyes and made an impatient noise in the back of my throat "listen here, dumb-butt, You could boil an egg on the hood of your car and it's October for crying out loud. I can't stand up on my own without using up all my energy," I snap my fingers up at him and make a grabby motion with my hands "Pull meh up,"

He sighed and grabbed my hand and I tried not to focus on the warmth of his hands.

He hauled me up and my hands planted on his chest, keeping myself from crashing into him. His arms instinctively went around my waist.

I patted his chest and leaned away from him so I could see him better since the sun was right behind him.

My eyes widened. "Are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows, a worried look coming over my face "your pupils are huge," I noted, scanning his face and seeing how hooded his eyes look.

Someone cleared their throat and Enzo looked up. I craned my neck back, looking at my friends upside down. He kept a firm grip on my waist so I wouldn't fall again.