|𝟮| 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗧𝗼 𝗠𝗲

Chiara is still behind the counter when me and Enzo walk over to it

She glances up and then back to her screen then does a double take. She smiles. Sort of.

She must be confused on why I'm still here. I usually get the chocolate milk and go. She then notices Enzo and our hands laced together.

"This is Enzo" I smile real big "I spilled chocolate milk on him and now we're gonna be friends," I scrunch my eyebrows and look up at him. "Right?"

He glances down at me and then back at Chiara, watching her watch him. I frown. Does he not want to be my friend?

But then he looks back down at me and nods. I let go of his hand to clap excitedly but then he takes it back in his. I look back up at him to see him giving Chiara an annoyed look.

"Give me a iced coffee. Any one is fine." He says lowly.

"He means can he please have an iced coffee," I correct. Letting go of his hand to point at the menu. He snatches it back and when I look at him he looks annoyed at me now.

"Alright." Chiara says, running her tongue along her bottom lip. I know at this very moment she's biting the inside of her check extra hard to keep from snapping at Enzo . She always tells me, and these are her exact words, quote; "That Broke (insert A word) Classy C manager can kiss my (insert A word). I don't need his broke (insert A word) like he needs me. I'll leave before I let any worker, costumer, or broke (insert A word) manager talk to me like I won't jump over this (insert F word) counter and beat all they broke (insert A word) 's"

"Can I please have another chocolate milk...make that two?" I reach into my back pocket and pull out my phone. Taking off the case, I pull out a 20.

When I look back up Chiara is already holding a credit card and swiping it through the swipe register thingy.

"I'm confused." I look back at my phone case to see that my credit card it still there. It's not mine.

"You and me both girl, you and me both." She says, shaking her head. She holds out the card and someone take it from her.

I look over to see Enzo putting the card in his wallet. "Why pray tell would you do that?" I put my hand on my hip.

He looks up at me. Stares. Then looks back down as he puts his wallet away.

I shake my head and turn back to Chiara who's watching us curiously.

"You can be friends with him to if you really want to be," I say, putting my phone in my back pocket. "Of course, it's up to him but you know, he's very nice. Even helped me wipe off the chocolate milk I spilled on him." I nod and smile without showing my teeth.

"I'm right here." I almost jump from how low his voice is and how suddenly it cut through the silence like a knife.

"Gosh darn it, you scared the living day lights out of me!" I hold my hand to my chest, breathing heavily. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic but he's being even more dramatic. Speaking so suddenly like spongebob in that one episode. I lost something once. I shudder.