|𝟮𝟭| 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆

When we step through the front door, I immediately know my friends are up to no good

When we step through the front door, I immediately know my friends are up to no good. It's to quiet.

I glance at Gio who seems to be thinking the same thing as she slips her shoes off, placing them in the pile spilling out of the little shoe cubby under the coat rack which she hangs her jacket on. I follow suit.

"Where is everyone?" Gio asks, moving further into the house and turning the corner into the kitchen.

"Chiara's at work and Karlos and Elyse are probably just out," I shrug, glancing around the connected living room and kitchen.

Wait.

My eyes widen when I realize how dirty everything is. Blankets are thrown onto the two couches.

The tv is on and the coffee table is cluttered with old magazines, gum packets, Arizona green tea cans, a empty cigarette pack (curtesy of Karlos) and a bunch of colorful coasters (curtesy of me) the throw pillows are mitch match, some lined, some flowery, some poka dotty.

Shoes are scattered around the living room not just the little booth and a pink lava lamp sits in the corner, the bubbles floating around and meshing together.

The kitchen is more cleaner but there's a bunch of stuff on the table. We always keep the dishes washed though and the counters clean of any food stains so I guess that's a plus.

I immediately rush into the living room, picking up the throw pillows on the floor and throwing them on to the couch, stuffing the cigarette box into my dress pocket.

I put a lemon head I found into a pocket hidden inside my dress and stuffing the throw blankets into the built in storage in one of the couches and when one blanket doesn't fit, I wrap it around my shoulders.

I don't have enough time to completely clear the table when I hear the front door open and then the sound of someone taking off their shoes and there jacket.

I spin around when Enzo comes into view, looking around the house but not seeming to notice the mess as his eyes find mine. I grab the empty can of Arizona green tea and hide it behind my back.

I just know my cheeks are flushed and there's strands of my hair sticking to my sweaty face but I have to do what I have to do...

"Look! A squirrel!" I point towards the kitchen and almost immediately Enzo's eyes widen and he glances towards the kitchen which I take that time to throw the can of Arizona green tea over his head and it lands with a quiet thud in the pile of shoes behind him.

Buckets for days.

"Hey..." I trail off and scrunch my eyebrows when Enzo jumps over the couch and lands next to me, placing his hands on my shoulders and moving me
so I'm behind him.