Part 140 - 'Wait a minute...'

*After talking about Scotland for a while, George gets up*

George: I'll start making some dinner

*You put your cup down and want to get up, but George stops you by standing in front of your chair*

George: No, you stay here. You're still injured and the doctor told us you have to take it easy, so you'll take the doctor's advice

*Offensively you put your hands up in the air*

Y/n: Okay, okay. I'll stay here then.

*Yet you squeeze your eyes at him*

Y/n: But you're sure you don't want any help?

*He puts each hand on one of the armrests of your chair and bends a bit over, so he sort of towers over you*

*Only this results in his head pretty close to yours again*

George: I'm pretty sure Y/n. You do your thing and rest. Dinner will be served soon

*Even when you feel the effect of the painkillers ending, you still move a bit closer towards him.

*Ignoring the fact that your body is telling you not to do it*

Y/n: Okay mister Russell. I'll stay here then

*His eyes search your face again and he just keeps standing in front of you*

*Neither of you move. You two just keep looking at each other, while the silence fills the room*

Y/n: Hmm, I thought you wanted to start with dinner...?

George whispers: You're distracting me...

Y/n: Oh am I?

*Slowly you move back on your chair, but you don't lose eye contact with him. No, you keep looking at him*

*You see his Adam's apple going up and down as he swallows*

George: You definitely are Y/n. You definitely are...

*He lets his eyes travel over your face one more time before he stands up properly again, and walks off to the kitchen*

*You smile when you hear him pulling out some pans and knives from the kitchen drawers*

*So the chemistry between you two does exist after all. Then why didn't it show up in Austria?*

*Why was the only chemistry you had back there with Lando?*

*You get your phone from the little table next to you and unlock it*

Max:
I assume you arrived safely at your staying residence?

Y/n:
We did. George chose a cabin with the most beautiful view ever. It's everything a girl could ever ask for!

Max:
I'm glad you like it sis! Say hi to George from me. Just send me a message from time to time okay?

And no, this is not the overprotective side. I just want to know how you're doing

Y/n:
I will Max. I'll keep you updated

*You put your phone away and feel a stomach pain coming up*

*Wait a minute... The soulmate pain...?*

*You look behind you and see how George is cutting some tomatoes*

*But he's just standing there...? What could possibly hurt him at this moment?*

*You get up from your chair and walk over to the island in the kitchen*

Y/n: Max said hi

George: Hmm?

*He looks up, totally confused*

Y/n: Max texted me. He said hi

George: Oh. Say hi back from me

*The pain in your belly decreases a bit, but it stays alive*

*You decide not to ask about it. He knows he can trust you, so maybe he'll tell it tonight. Or tomorrow?*

*It's not up to you to ask every time, right? Sometimes people need time before they're able to share it*