Part 26 - The race

*After wandering around for a while, you return to the hotel room*

*You take a quick shower, and see two new messages of Max coming in. Message number four and five since you left*

Max🦁🧡
I'm sorry Y/n, I overreacted. Please come back, so we can have breakfast together

Let me know if you're safe

I'm at the track right now. I hope you're okay

Look, I know that you're angry with me, but just know that I love you sis <3 I don't want you to lose yourself again, so that's why I'm looking out for you. 

Now I see that I have to give you some breathing space

*You smile when you read his last messages*

Y/n whispers: I love you too brother

*Then you notice he used the exact same words as George did last night 

Memory of George:  Please Max, just give her some breathing space. 

*So George's words did make an impression*

*Maybe you should go to the track after all to support your brother*

*His messages were really sweet*

*You grab your stuff and leave to go to the track*

*Thirty minutes later you arrive at the Red Bull Treehouse and you go straight up to Max' room*

*Once you get upstairs, you see him preparing for the race, which will start in half an hour*

Y/n: Looking good!

Max: Y/n! You're here!

*He gives you a hug*

Max: I'm really sorry about this morning

Y/n: It's okay. Let's forget about it, because you've got a race to win! It's your ring here in Austria after all!

*Half an hour later the lights go off and you feel nervous*

Y/n: C'mon Max!

*While watching your brother taking the lead, you can't help it, but to cheer for George as well*

Y/n whispers: Go George!

*After a stunning race, Max ends at the podium at P1*

*It's a couple of hours after the race and all the interviews are finally done*

*After a quick stop at the hotel room to get changed, you two are on your way to the afterparty at the club*

Max: Damn, it feels so good to win from Hamilton with such a big gap

Y/n: Oh I totally understand! The gap between you and him in the championship is getting bigger and bigger

Y/n: You're becoming a world champ!

Max: It feels so surreal. I've dreamt about this for years to achieve with the team, and now the chance is there!

*Your phone lights up in your hand*

George
Are you almost at the club?

Y/n

We just arrived :)

George
Then let's order some shots for you

Y/n

Do you want me to be drunk again tonight or something?

George
If you will end up in my room, just like the last time you drank alcohol...

Then yes, I want you to be drunk again.