Part 91 - 'Lando...?'

*Lando stands silently in front of you,*

Lando: I... I still feel so guilty Y/n. You had such a shitty night after our drinks...

Y/n: Please... Can we stop talking about it...?

*You start to feel the exhaustion*

Y/n: This day... I can't handle it anymore. My energy is all drained right now

Lando: I understand... I'll walk you back to Red Bull

*With a silence between you two, you walk back through the paddock*

*Once you're back at the Red Bull place, Lando stands quietly in front of you with his hands in his pockets*

Lando: I... You know how I feel about you Y/n... Just know you can always stop by if you want to talk...

*You smile a bit*

Y/n: Thank you Lando...

Lando: I really mean it. You can trust me

Y/n: I know

Lando: It's just... I'm so confused about everything

*You sigh and look at him*

Y/n: Please don't push me Lando. I've had a pretty rough day and all I want to do is sleep. I'm exhausted...

Lando: I understand...

Lando: Well, have a nice evening then...?

*He walks towards you and wants to give you a hug, but automatically you step back*

*Lando's face changes into Liams face and you quickly squat down with your hands covering your eyes*

Y/n: No! Go away Liam!

*You're shaking uncontrollably and feel like you can faint any moment. Liam... Why is his face here? What the fuck is your mind doing?*

Lando: Y/n!

*He squats down in front of you, and puts a hand on your shoulder to check on you*

*But his hand on your shoulder makes you freeze. Lando or Liam? Who is it? Is your mind playing tricks with you? Or is it really Liam?*

Lando: Y/n? Are you okay?

*You slowly lift your head up a bit and look anxiously at the face in front of you. It takes a second to sharpen the image of the face, but you see Lando's face again*

Y/n whispers: Lando...?

*Lando grabs both of your hands and holds them*

Lando: Hey, it's alright. It's me

Y/n whispers: Lando...?

*He looks worried at you*

*You just keep looking at Lando, still not sure if it's really him*

*Lando drags you along on your feet again, so you stand in front of him*

Lando whispers: Yes, it's me. Lando

*When you don't respond, his eyes start searching your face*

Lando whispers: Are you alright...?

*He moves some loose strands of your hair behind you ear*

*Your mind goes back to the moment he confessed his feeling towards you and the exact same movement he made back then*

*It is Lando*

*It's not Liam*

Lando: It's alright. Come here

*He wraps his arms around you, but you just stand there*

*Why are the flashbacks so strong again? Why can't you keep Liam out of your head?*