Part 43 - The press conference

Charles: Y/n? You're here? I thought we had to keep your identity silent?

Pierre: This is not a good moment Charles. She has to focus

Y/n: No it's fine Pierre.

Y/n: You're right, but I don't have a choice anymore. Pierre will fill you in on the blanks okay? 

Y/n: You can open a random Formula One page and you'll see the picture I was talking about

Charles: Picture?

*He grabs his phone from his pocket and unlocks it*

Y/n: Please wait with looking at it until I'm out there okay? Seeing it only freaks me out more.

*You look one more time at your brother and you notice he's ending his answer to the question*

*It stays silent and the questions are done*

Max: If there are no further questions, I would like to make an announcement

*You hear a lot of mumbling from the audience*

*Max turns his head towards you and gives you a little signal*

*A member of the Red Bull team walks by you with a chair, which is put next to Max*

*There you go... *

*Pierre grabs your shoulder and nods towards you as a encouragement*

*You walk up to Max and sit down at the chair*

Y/n: Thanks for letting me sit next to you Max

Y/n: I noticed multiple articles about me and my identity. I'm here to answer a few questions

*A lot of people start shouting questions towards you*

Max: Please calm down everyone. One person at a time. Sky sports, would you like to go first?

Sky sports interviewer: Thank you max. Who are you Miss?

Y/n: My name is Y/n Verstappen. I'm the sister of Max

ORF interviewer: Max! Why didn't we know you have a sister?

Max: I like to keep my personal life private, which includes my family

Ziggo Sport interviewer: A question to Miss Verstappen. Are you in a relationship with George Russell?

*You knew this question was coming up, but you still feel like being hit by a truck*

Y/n: Uhm, we are not. George and I are just friends.

Ziggo Sport interviewer: It seemed quite intimate

*Did it? You don't know. You only looked at the picture twice. You couldn't handle looking at it. It just made you more nervous about what you had to do*

*And now you're here, talking to the press. The one thing you swore you would never do*

Ziggo Sport interviewer: Miss?

*You zone out*

Max: She already answered the question. There is a friendship between her and George. Next question?

Paparazzi: Miss Verstappen, where have you been all this time? Why did you never show up at the track to support Max?

Paparazzi: Were you two on bad terms? Were you not interested in the sport? Why did you decide to show up at this moment?

Y/n: I.... I....

*Max puts his hand on your arm to encourage you*

Y/n: Let's put something clear first. Me and Max always have been on good terms. Wherever he went, I always supported him, no matter what

Y/n: That's what family does right? I've always loved him, no matter which decision he made

Y/n: And yes, I didn't attend a race earlier, but it never seemed like the right moment, up until now

Y/n: So here I am. Y/n Verstappen, the little sister of Max Verstappen

Max: And that's my announcement. I would like to leave it here. Thank you all for your time

*You both get up from the chair and leave the stage*