Part 138 - French Doors

*Your heart rate is still up when he closes the trunk*

*George walks back up to you with three backpacks and a suitcase*

*With a grin on his face, he starts talking again*

George: Ready to enter the place?

*You nod slowly, not able to speak yet*

George: Let's go then

*He takes a few steps towards the front door, but stops walking when he notices you keep standing still*

George: Are you okay?

*A weird sound comes out of your mouth when you start to speak. You cough quickly*

Y/n: Uhm, yeah

*Together you enter the cabin*

*George brings the suitcase and the backpacks to the bedroom, while you wander around in the living room. Observing every little piece of the place*

Y/n: Are you sure I can't do anything?

*He shouts back from one of the bedrooms*

George: Yes! Just sit down and relax!

*You laugh a little. Maybe you lost the overprotective side at your brother, but you gained another protective side at your soulmate*

*In the corner of the eye, you spot big French doors with a beautiful view at the surroundings behind it*

*With a little strength, you move one of the chairs, so you can sit down on it, while having a view at the mountain* 

*One of the wounds at your arms starts to hurt automatically, because you put too much pressure on it, while pulling the chair*

*George walks into the room*

George: I see you already claimed your spot for the upcoming days

*You turn your head around so you can look at him, and smile*

Y/n: Maybe...? Just look at this view... It's beautiful...

George: It really is

*He puts some stuff on the countertop in the kitchen*

George: Would you lie a cup of tea?

Y/n: Yes! I would love that!

*As George starts to boil the water and gets two big mugs, you look back at the mountains again*

*Man, you've only been away for two weeks, but you already realize how much you missed Scotland.*

*The peace. The calmness*

*It feels refreshing after the terrible days you just had. You really needed to take some time off*

*Some space from everything that was happening back there at the grid. But somehow George managed to get into your life*

*And if you have to be honest, it doesn't bother you at all. Yesterday you wanted to be alone so desperately, but now you're here together with him*

*And somehow it just feels right*

George: There you go

*He puts your mug on a little table next to your chair and starts pulling at the other chair, while holding his cup of tea in his hand*

*When the chair ends up to your right, he finally sits down*

George: So, do you like the place?

Y/n: I've only seen this part of the cabin, but I love it. If it was up to me, I would never leave this chair

*George laughs*

George: Okay, clearly you love it around here

Y/n: I do. I definitely do