Part 92 - Ticking Time Bomb

Max: Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?

*You shake your head, while you take a look in the new hotel room Erin booked for you*

Y/n: No, you need some rest as well Max. You've got a race to win tomorrow

Max: If that's what you want. You can call me at any time okay? 

*You nod*

Max: And if something is wrong, you can go to Pierre or Sergio. They're staying at the same floor

Y/n: I know

Max: Oh, and I gave Pierre a spare key of your hotel room. Just so you know

*You sigh and nod. What a crazy day it has been...*

Max: Okay... Is there anything I can do for you?

Y/n: No, I'm fine. I just need to put my thoughts together. It has been an exhausting day...

*You sit down on the bed*

Max: Yes, it really has been. Are you going to sleep right away?

Y/n: I think I will. I'm exhausted

Max: Sleep well then sis

*He gives you a hug and walks to the door*

*When he stands in front of it, he looks back at you one more time*

Max: Call me at any time okay?

Y/n: Yes, I will

*Then he leaves the room, which makes you the only person in this space*

*You let your back fall down on the sheets and stare at the ceiling*

*Such a crazy day. George telling his story, Liam who burst into your room and shouted at you again, you telling Max about George and then Lando... *

*You turn on your side*

*Why?*

*Why is this all happening in just one day? Why does this even happen in your life? Is it some kind of karma for you backing up Liam time and time again, back then?*

*You close your eyes*

*Months you've tried to forget about Liam. You focused on your studies to forget all about him, and it worked pretty well. But now?*

*The moment you got back in the real world, you face the truth*

*You still haven't processed all of it. You just put it away like a ticking time bomb, waiting for it to explode one day*

*And maybe this was the time. The time it exploded*

*You hear your ring tone of your phone in the background, but you don't care*

*All you want to do is sleep. Try to escape reality and find some peace*

*Even though the person keeps calling you, you just close your eyes and float away into the darkness*

*Hoping it will give you some rest. But also knowing it can give you those horrible nightmares again*

*Still you don't care. As long as you're gone from here for a little bit*

*You don't want to think anymore *